Red Dragon (Hannibal Lecter Series) by…

Red Dragon (Hannibal Lecter Series) (original 1981; edition 2009)

by Thomas Harris (Author)

A second family has been massacred by the terrifying serial killer the press has christened "The Tooth Fairy." Special Agent Jack Crawford turns to the one man who can help restart a failed investigation, Will Graham. Graham is the greatest profiler the FBI ever had, but the physical and mental scars of capturing Hannibal Lecter have caused Graham to go into early retirement. Now, Graham must turn to Lecter for help.… (more)
Member:Erikapayne
Title:Red Dragon (Hannibal Lecter Series)
Authors:Thomas Harris (Author)
Info:Berkley (2009), Edition: Reprint, 464 pages

Work Information

Red Dragon by Thomas Harris (1981)

Recently added byRennie90, Jocekj, jessbradley, zdrazil, berglas612, private library, Hillside_Library
Legacy LibrariesNorman Mailer

English (85)  Spanish (2)  German (1)  All languages (88)
fiction, thriller, ( )
  Joe901 | Nov 7, 2021 |
Red Dragon by Thomas Harris (2000)
  arosoff | Jul 10, 2021 |
I didn't realize that this was an abridged version until the outro. I suppose I could have figured that out from the length of only three hours, but anyway this was severely disappointing. Chris Sarandon's audio performance was dreadful. In many instances he included unnatural pauses in words, as if the word in front of him were hyphenated between two pages. This was also disappointing. I mean, I obviously wasn't expecting Prince Humperdinck, but it really could have been better than it was.
  mmodine | May 20, 2021 |
I worked at Dell/Delacorte, part of Bantam Doubleday Dell at that time, when this edition came out. My former roommate did the dirty and introduced me to this author a few years before. I decided this one couldn't be as scary and read it on New Year's Day.

Holy mother of dog.

From that day to this, I have not read, watched, or listened to anything else by Thomas Harris. And I never, ever will.

But this one didn't make any sense either. ( )
  richardderus | Jan 25, 2021 |
I read this because Otto Penzler said it was the best mystery book of all time (or something similarly superlative). It may well be. I don't read enough of the genre to have an opinion. ( )
  JoeHamilton | Dec 25, 2020 |
But I have to acknowledge my gut response to Mr. Harris's thriller. It hits us in our outrage, and titillates the part of us all that would like to get rid of evil with a gun.

Thomas Harrisprimary authorall editionscalculated
Amante, MarcoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
López de Bullrich, ElisaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Valassaari, Risto S.Translatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
One can only see what one observes, and one observes only things which are already in the mind. - Alphonse Bertillon
. . . For Mercy has a human heart, Pity a human face, And Love, the human form divine, And Peace, the human dress. - William Blake, Songs of Innocence (The Divine Image)
Cruelty has a Human Heart, and Jealousy a Human Face, Terror the Human Form Divine, and Secrecy the Human Dress.
The Human Dress is forged Iron,
The Human Form is fiery Forge.
The Human Face a Furnace seal'd,
The Human Heart its hungry Gorge.
-William Blake, Songs of Experience
(A Divine Image)
I want to tell you the circumstances in which I first encountered Hannibal Lecter, M.D.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,580,357 books! | Top bar: Always visible