This Book Will Change Your Life by Benrik

This Book Will Change Your Life (edition 2003)

by Benrik

Member:xydexx
Title:This Book Will Change Your Life
Authors:Benrik
Info:Plume (2003), Paperback, 384 pages
Tags:weird

This Book Will Change Your Life by Benrik

I didn't read all of the book, but flipped through it, reading here and there. I enjoyed the bits most, that suggested prank. Although some of them were rather harmless (not even illegal!), I liked the idea of hundreds of readers blocking the KKK's phone lines..
The book is on an inofficial book ring. I will pass it on to Diamondlucy when I'm in Graz.
  verenka | Jun 17, 2010 |
The title of this book is certainly not a lie, but note that it says nothing about improving your life. Only changing it. While I did not actually attempt any of the daily exercises in this book, I did get some good chuckles out of it. ( )
  melydia | Oct 28, 2009 |
A friend was down and struggling to find the humor in life so I picked this book up and with a daily email or phone call passed on a "life-changing" idea. Perhaps it was the prozac and not the book but life did improve. If nothing else, this book will give you great conversation starters.
  CarolO | Apr 16, 2008 |
Hilariously unique book. Gives you great ideas about life. Not sure I would actually try most of the instructions but it's sure fun to think about what would happen if I did. The illustrations and photography alone are worth getting this book. I consider it one of my nontraditional design references. ( )
  mint910 | Jul 11, 2007 |
I doubt this book will change my life, but it did make me laugh repeatedly. It is not a book to read page by page, but a great book to flip to a random page and laugh at the silly daily suggestions: Hand deliver all your emails today, celebrate your body hair day, stockpile free sugar day, and so on. The artwork is creative, the tone is irreverent, and there is something to offend and amuse everyone in this book. ( )
  readaholic12 | Jan 19, 2007 |
Day 254: Today invent a new punctuation mark. Examples:

[?] Denotes that the previous sentence is to be construed ironically.
* Orgasm. More generally used to indicate that the writer is sexually aroused.
;) Writer is aware that at this point he's bullshitting.
(()) Double brackets: contains a secret, only read if you agree to keep it.

Example: As I write this, I am sitting stark naked with a blond on my lap* ((She has a third nipple)). Actually, there are two of them, twins in fact ;) OK, well it's bound to happen someday[?]

Is the year ahead looking much the same as the last? Another 365-day grind of meetings, dinner dates, and deadlines? If so, try this book.

Part instruction manual, part therapy, part religious cult, part sheer anarchy, This Book Will Change Your Life will help you poke a stick in the spokes of your routine.

It's not the soft-hearted kind of book that's interested in what you have to say; rather it contains 365 daily orders, each one of which could turn your humdrum existence into a daily free-fall.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:03:56 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,523,326 books! | Top bar: Always visible