Door in the Hive

by Denise Levertov

652312,039 (4)1
Poems address such topics as paintings, music, landscapes, and the terror in El Salvador.

I read the poems, but didn't really get a sense of them, which is true for many books of poems I read. Mainly, poems either appeal to me instantly or I can't really fathom them. Levertov's poems in this book touch on many themes and images, many of them lovely, some religious, others political. The images didn't touch me this time. It's just me, not her. ( )
  Marse | Mar 2, 2019 |
phhlttt
  AnArtsNotebook | Mar 2, 2009 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,530,205 books! | Top bar: Always visible