Coming Through the Rye by Grace Livingston…

Coming Through the Rye (1926)

by Grace Livingston Hill

A friend gave me my first Grace Livingston Hill (GLH) books when I was in graduate school. Somewhere along the way, I set out to own all the titles that had been published. This book was one I found at a rare book store. It does have a signature (purportedly the author's) on the flyleaf, though I haven't had it verified. The inscription is dated 1926.

The tale is about justice and mercy. Evan is determined to see Rowena's relatives brought to justice even if it means losing her love. Justice is important, but so are fairness, grace, and mercy.

The stories are written in a different style than contemporary romances. (GLH was one of the first Christian romance writers if what I have read is true.) It's a good story, but today's audiences may find it different than what they are used to. ( )
  JenniferRobb | Oct 23, 2018 |
Romayne Ransom walked through the station and out to the street door looking for a taxi.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 084230357X, Mass Market Paperback)

Rugged, incorruptible Evan Sherwood had to bring Romayne's brother and father to justice--even if it meant losing her love.

Grace Livingston Hill is the beloved author of more than 100 books. Read and enjoyed by millions, her wholesome stories contain adventure, romance, and the heartwarming triumphs of people faced with the problems of life and love.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:59 -0400)

Dainty, dedicated Romayne Ransom lived for the day when her beloved father would be vidicated in the fight to clear his tarished name. In the meantime, she found herself drawn irrestibly but unwillingly to the man who had sent her father to prison, rugged, incorruptible Evan Sherwood.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,697,680 books! | Top bar: Always visible