Dragons of Summer Flame (Dragonlance Saga)…

Dragons of Summer Flame (Dragonlance Saga) (edition 1996)

by Margaret Weis (Author)

A hot parched summer on Krynn brings with it changes as young mage Palin Majere goes in search of his uncle, the infamous archmage Raistlin, the Dark Queen finds new champions for her cause, and Usha, child of the Irda, arrives in Palanthas claiming to be Raistlin's daughter.
Member:mproteau
Title:Dragons of Summer Flame (Dragonlance Saga)
Authors:Margaret Weis (Author)
Info:Amalgamated Book Services Ltd (1996), Edition: New edition, 816 pages
Collections:Dragonlance Novels, Your library

Dragons of Summer Flame by Margaret Weis

English (6)  Spanish (1)  All languages (7)
I liked the book,but I was expecting more.It didn't get interesting until at least the half-way point.To me,the first half of the book was slow. ( )
  chalton | Jul 14, 2020 |
Back to Krynn again. This story introduces the Knights of Takhisis, a lawful but evil order of knights modeled after the Solamnic Knights by their founder, Ariakan. His father was the head Dragon Highlord in the Chronicles and spent many years as prisoner of the Solamnic knights. As Ariakan invades Krynn with is own dragonarmies, the creator of the gods (Chaos) is released from a magical prison. He is obviously angry at his children and decides to destroy their cherished creation-Krynn. Raistlin makes a reappearance and assists Palin, his nephew, in a battle in the Abyss with Chaos. "I only have one spell, but it's a good one!" Yeah, a classic gamer line! To me, that's the funnest part about these books. Eventually a band of knights, both Dark and Light unite with Palin and save Krynn... for now. Until the War of Souls series set a bit into the future and the trilogy W&H are writing right now. ( )
  DirtPriest | Sep 13, 2010 |
For fans of Dragonlance this is a good book. The later books are not so good but this nicely follows on from time of the twins etc. It is worth a read. ( )
  DavidBurrows | Jan 1, 2010 |
My love affair with fantasy fiction started with my first reading of the original dragonlance books back in the eighties. By the early nineties I had abandoned the dragonlance world, so when I started reading this book, almost twenty years afterwards, I got a real kick out of the nostalgia factor.

This feeling only lasted for about the first 100 pages, then the shortcomings of the novel start to stand out. Its not a bad effort by any means, but the pacing is uneven, most of the new characters uninspiring, and the inclusion of some of the older ones an unnecessary burden on the narrative. Still, it was an enjoyable romp through the dragonlance world, well worth taking for those who, like me, fell in love with it the first time round. ( )
2 vote iftyzaidi | Dec 6, 2007 |

Weis, Margaretprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hickman, Tracymain authorall editionsconfirmed
Stawicki, MattCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
TO SOJOURNERS IN KRYNN

May your Sword never break.
May your Armor never rust.
May the Three Moons guide your Magic.
May your Prayers be heard.
May your Beard grow long.
May your Life Quest never blow up in your face.
May your Hoopak sing.
May your Homeland prosper.
May Dragons fly ever in your Dreams.

- Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman
It was hot that morning, damnably hot.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,741,959 books! | Top bar: Always visible