Shadow Moon. First in the Chronicles of the…

Shadow Moon. First in the Chronicles of the Shadow War (original 1995; edition 1995)

by George Lucas (Author)

From two of the greatest imaginations of our time comes a magnificent novel of adventure and magic...SHADOW MOON: First in the Chronicles of the Shadow War. The genius of Star Wars(r) creator George Lucas and the vision of Chris Claremont, the author of the phenomenally bestselling The Uncanny X-Men adventures, merge in what must be the fantasy event of the year. In Shadow Moon, war and chaos have gripped the land of Tir Asleen. An ancient prophecy reveals one hope: a savior princess who will ascend to the throne when the time is right.  But first, a Nelwyn wanderer must face forces of unimaginable malevolence and dangerous, forbidden rites of necromancy that could bring back a powerful warrior from soulless sleep. George Lucas reshaped filmmaking in the '70s and '80s with his Star Wars and Indiana Jones films.  When Bantam Books asked Lucas if he had any stories he would like to develop as novels rather than as films, Lucas turned to his 1988 fantasy film, Willow.   "When I wrote the story for Willow, I began with the pre-story," Lucas said, "but the full story was yet to be told."   Now, Lucas's vision is being fulfilled with the talented help of Chris Claremont. Having previously taken the reins of what was for a decade the bestselling comic in the western hemisphere (The Uncanny X-Men) Claremont assumes the reponsibility of foster parent to Lucas's creation. On sale in hardcover now, and available on BDD Audio Cassette as well, SHADOW MOON is a momentous new adventure for readers looking to spend part of this summer in a fantastic world.  SHADOW MOON is one of Bantam Spectra's most exciting publishing events in 1995, the year we celebrate our 10th Anniversary as the premiere publishing imprint of books of speculative fiction.… (more)
Member:jbpjackson
Title:Shadow Moon. First in the Chronicles of the Shadow War
Authors:George Lucas (Author)
Info:Bantam Books (1995), Edition: First Edition, 454 pages

Shadow Moon by Chris Claremont (1995)

I guess I didn't like the movie Willow" as much as I thought I did. I got 5 pages into this book and then just put it away. Didn't care, wasn't interested." ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
Don't read this. If you watched Willow and like that movie don't read this book. If I could give this a zero I would. ( )
  Kurt.Rocourt | May 22, 2015 |
The final book from the Moonstone bundle. It was better than Moon Spun, because it actually made some sense. But still, it could've been improved.

I didn't really like the constant repeating what had happened in the previous installments every time a character's name was mentioned. Sometimes that was done every time a character was mentioned, and it really got me rolling my eyes.

But there was lots of Junior, new mysteries, and finally there was some moving forward. We weren't stuck in faery land anymore, but we were exploring Allie's world along with her. I liked the motion and the new things that got revealed along the way.

I kind of got freaked out at the appearance of that Jessy dude (or however his name was spelled), and he honestly annoyed me. But it was a nice reality check - that one shouldn't believe in everything one hears and sees.

And the new girl, Sammie, appeared in just the right moment. I was sure who she was almost from the beginning, and was glad to see that I was right.

I enjoyed the book, it was a quick light read that had me occupied for a little while. I recommend it to the 14-17 year old girl audience. I think they'd love Allie's voice and her strong willed character. ( )
  VanyaDrum | Jan 26, 2014 |
The worst fantasy book I've ever read. Actually, I finished the trilogy, though, only because I have a compulsive need to finish book series' once I've started them. That is the ONLY reason though. Every supporting character seems to embody two improbable and most likely conflicting roles simultaneously. There is the role of a normal person in whatever profession they work in, and then there is the role where they also just so happen to be unparalleled fighters. I got the impression that they were all more and less unparalleled then their other teammates who were, EQUALLY, unparalleled ... if there can be such a thing. Really, Chris Clairemont just did a terrible job of appealing to the reader to come along with his character and story.

I did really enjoy the opening of the first book ... but that is all. ( )
  MoonlightProphet2C | Aug 5, 2010 |
I actually made it to the end of this book, which is kind of surprising. There is probably more description than plot, and a few confusing moments. Not an easy read. ( )
  cat8864 | Feb 27, 2010 |

Claremont, Chrisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lucas, Georgemain authorall editionsconfirmed
Cabral, CirueloCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For fans of fantasy everywhere G.L.
To Eleanor, Betsy, Lucy and Tom
For Faith, Trust, Patience and Skill
C.C.
In the middle of the night, Willow Ufgood rode the back of a dragon.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 140,347,353 books! | Top bar: Always visible