Tribes: We Need You to Lead Us by Seth Godin

Tribes: We Need You to Lead Us

by Seth Godin

Recently added bycirdan747, Rich_Ian, Rvn6dlr, mackinmarc, rpeckham, w7gtm, nik_, ad_astra
Legacy LibrariesJack Layton

English (56)  Dutch (3)  Slovak (1)  All languages (60)
This book is a rallying call for people to become leaders. There's a couple of catchy leadership soundbites, but the book is mainly superficial. ( )
  yamiyoghurt | Jan 29, 2018 |
Another book on my quest to pick up management/leadership tips without going to a seminar. This book was fairly highly reviewed. As I read it, my opinion swung about wildly. The tone is very rah rah. The sentences are very short. The chapters are short. The anecdotes are short. The words are short. I often felt spoon-fed. Yet, at times it was effective. At times, inspirational. There were a few pieces of advice that made me hold the book at arm's length and pause to let them truly sink in. At least one of which I hope to actually put to action in my life.

So, yay? win? ( )
  greeniezona | Dec 6, 2017 |
I enjoyed reading the book, nodding my head the entire time. So much of what Seth points out, I can relate to looking back at my own experiences in the past. I understand the power behind the tribe mentality, especially at the edge of major change. That's the time when everyone is looking for a leader - someone to offer a way to make sense and empower people to reach the new goals.
When I worked for a company that went from a single entrepreneur owner to a company on the stock exchange, everyone was afraid and those who banded together, created the commercial process that led us to success. The YCC culture was formed. There are so many ways to enrich our working lives, and personal lives - and this new POV is crucial in this century, which is set apart from other generations by the pure nature and volume of knowledge available, and the rate of changes we encounter. Being a curious person myself, and sometimes referred to as an instigator, now I realize it was just my own nature to jump at new ideas.

This book is a great tool for anyone who leads people, or is ever a member of a team effort. Everyone can be a leader, often the situation lends itself to rotate the head position, giving our projects an even balance. Lessons learned: Set the ego aside – turn up the curiosity - and always be a life learner. ( )
  ElisabethZguta | Jan 23, 2017 |
Thought-provoking quick read exploring what leadership really means in our new, flat world ( )
  HGButchWalker | Sep 21, 2016 |
Great book on leadership and grassroots change. ( )
  holtkevin | Mar 11, 2016 |

IN

According to Godin, Tribes are groups of people aligned around an idea, connected to a leader and to each other. Tribes make our world work, and always have. The new opportunity is that it's easier than ever to find, organize, and lead a tribe. The Web has enabled an explosion of all kinds of tribes--and created shortage of people to lead them. This is the growth industry of our time. Tribes (the book) will help you understand exactly what's at stake, and why you can and should lead a tribe of your own.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,971,153 books! | Top bar: Always visible