Chester's Back! by Mélanie Watt

Chester's Back! (original 2008; edition 2013)

by Mélanie Watt (Author)

Series: Chester (2)

The battle of the picture-book makers, Chester and Mélanie Watt, continues. Is one book big enough for these two creative heavyweights?
Member:KristieRHale
Title:Chester's Back!
Authors:Mélanie Watt (Author)
Info:Kids Can Press (2013), 32 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Post-Modern Book, Differing Perspectives, Playful, Cat, Humor, Broadway

Chester's Back! by Mélanie Watt (2008)

Very cute continuation. Jackson found it particularly hysterical. Anything that makes a 7-year-old laugh and read...win. ( )
  lissabeth21 | Oct 3, 2017 |
Oh gosh. I can't speak for everyone, but if you want to know what makes me laugh, this is it. I loved the first Chester book, but was afraid that a sequel would fall a little flat. Um, no. I laughed even more loudly while reading this. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
These books seriously crack me up.
  mirikayla | Feb 8, 2016 |
I really enjoyed this book for many different reasons. The main idea of this book is to use your imagination and creativity. This is represented throughout the book in a different way than most children stories. Instead of a conflict occurring and the main character seeing how he was wrong, the main character takes over the book and uses his imagination to distort the story. For example, when the author tells the cat to “cut it out,” he literally cuts out the drawing on the page. Another example of creativity was when Chester asks to become a star and the illustrator literally draws him as a star. The illustrations are crucial to this story. Without them you would not be able to understand the words and why some of them are red and not in nicely typed out font. ( )
  bfried10 | Oct 28, 2014 |
For my sister, Valérie
A long time ago, in a faraway land, lived a cat named Chester.

The laugh out loud sequel to Chester, from the prize-winning creator of Scaredy SquirrelChester the cat is back and as eager as ever to play the starring role in Melanie Watt's book.This time Chester portrays himself as Cave Cat, inventor of the wheel; 'Chesterdini', acclaimed magician; a cowboy and a famous film star. As usual things get rather out of control as Chester attempts to takes over Melanie's book. But Melanie has a surprise for Chester which might just put him in his place!

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,943,133 books! | Top bar: Always visible