The Blue Rose: An English Garden Mystery…

The Blue Rose: An English Garden Mystery (English Garden Mysteries) (edition 2004)

by Anthony Eglin (Author)

Alex and Kate Sheppard have found the perfect house. Nestled deep in the Wiltshire countryside and surrounded by a two-acre walled garden, The Parsonage was to be their own little Eden... but not even paradise stays perfect forever. Soon after moving in they make an exciting discovery - one that defies every known law of nature and science. A rose bush bearing flowers of a beautiful blue causes them to be plunged into a world of coded journals, genetic experiments, cold-blooded greed and ultimately, murder.Threatened from every direction, the only solution is to unravel the dark, seductive secret of the Blue Rose.… (more)
Member:dagmar.celeste
Title:The Blue Rose: An English Garden Mystery (English Garden Mysteries)
Authors:Anthony Eglin (Author)
Info:Minotaur Books (2004), Edition: 1st, 304 pages

The Blue Rose by Anthony Eglin

Would love to read this series
  nraichlin | Jan 26, 2016 |
What an interesting tale! The title first grabbed my eye because I love roses so much. It isn't my usual mystery either - it doesn't have as much action as I normally like and the beginning was slow, but it felt so right for this story.

The story revolves around Alex and Kate Sheppard. They buy a new house and discover in their new garden a beautiful blue rose. A blue rose does not currently exist - so this is quite a find and many people are interested in getting their hands on this new rose.

Lawrence Kingston, who is a gardening expert comes in to help them figure out what to do. Here's where I admit at first Kingston rubbed me the wrong way - he's very formal, very smart and seems to know everything about everything. But by the end, I had come to realize what a gem he is!

I have already checked out the next book in teh series and can't wait to read it! ( )
2 vote Brandie | May 11, 2010 |
She woke to a murder of crows.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,562,829 books! | Top bar: Always visible