Green Grass of Wyoming by Mary O'Hara

Green Grass of Wyoming (original 1947; edition 1946)

by Mary O'Hara

Series: Flicka (3)

As well as Ken's battle against the odds to achieve his dream, 'Green Grass of Wyoming' shows a boy's growth into maturity, taking his first steps in love. This classic story is aimed at the 9+ age group.
Member:aefs33
Title:Green Grass of Wyoming
Authors:Mary O'Hara
Info:J B Lippincott Co. (1946), Edition: 1st, Hardcover, 319 pages

Green Grass of Wyoming by Mary O'Hara (1947)

English (2)  German (1)  All languages (3)
Sequel to the My Friend Flika stories ( )
  LindaLeeJacobs | Feb 25, 2020 |
My first favorite book, found in the 4th grade in the school library - must've read it about 10 times in the next few years, and reread it a few years ago. The best coming-of-age book for a coming-of-age wannabe cowgirl. I related instantly to the exploits of Ken, who could never measure up to dad's expectations, and unconditional love offered by Nell, the mom. Don't forget the one that started it all - My Friend Flicka, and also Thunderhead, Flicka's sequel. Green Grass of Wyoming is the third and unfortunately, the last in this wonderful series.
Update: I did find another Mary O'Hara book in my town's public library: Wyoming Summer. It's a journal/diary of the times Mary and her husband spent on their real-life ranch. A great addition to the three novels! ( )
1 vote neverenoughshelves | Nov 25, 2006 |
Contour maps of our country show a great hump somewhere west of the middle running irregularly north and south, and the trains of the transcontinental railway lines going thrugh Wyoming slow up as they approach it, stop and take on an extra engine.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,577,078 books! | Top bar: Always visible