Girls Think of Everything: Stories of…

Girls Think of Everything: Stories of Ingenious Inventions by Women (edition 2002)

by Catherine Thimmesh (Author)

Tells the story of how women throughout the ages have responded to situations confronting them in daily life by inventing such items as correction fluid, space helmets, and disposable diapers.
Member:jzanetti1108
Title:Girls Think of Everything: Stories of Ingenious Inventions by Women
Authors:Catherine Thimmesh (Author)
Info:HMH Books for Young Readers (2002), Edition: None, 64 pages

Girls Think of Everything: Stories of Ingenious Inventions by Women by Catherine Thimmesh

This book was pretty sweet! The book showcases the great diversity of women inventors. Each chapter in the book focuses on a problem that needs fixing and the mids of the brilliant women who fixed them. There is an older version of this book which is great too, but this one offered even more diversity with more women of color and women from different parts of the world. It would be great for math to encourage critical thinking skills that are needed to solve problems. Great for science and experimenting to find idea that work, great for History to learn about women who have changed the world.

I love this book because it captures the great minds of women who are incredibly creative. We need more people like in this world, and not only women. ( )
  NickiByrd | Mar 4, 2021 |
This book was about women in history who invented things.
  SkyD17 | Aug 29, 2018 |
This book offers 12 brief partial biographies of women that invented something. The most interesting story to me was the story of the 'accidental' invention of the Tollhouse Chocolate Chip cookie by Ruth Wakefield in 1930 while baking at her Toll House Inn. It's probably because I love chocolate chip cookies. Another interesting story is about how Bette Nesmith Graham invented Liquid Paper so she wouldn't have to retype a letter because she made a mistake.
  DuffyBL | Jul 24, 2018 |
Summary:This book is really just a giant list of all of the many things that women have accomplished or created. I feel as though this book was written to show the world what women are capable of.
Personal Reaction: I really enjoyed reading this book. I learned a lot about the many roles that women have played.
Classroom Extensions:
1. In the classroom, we could discuss how many more things we can think of that women have done for us as not just a country, but the entire world.
2. We could talk about what in the book we are most thankful for having.
  kaseycook | Nov 9, 2017 |
Love books about female inventors, and this is a book all about that! It is important we show young girls that they have every place in the STEM field and boys. ( )
  epatt14 | Sep 10, 2017 |

Catherine Thimmeshprimary authorall editionscalculated
Sweet, MelissaIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,399,974 books! | Top bar: Always visible