Darksong: Book Two of the Lege by Isobelle…

Darksong: Book Two of the Lege (original 2002; edition 2003)

by Isobelle Carmody (Author)

Series: The Legendsong (2)

2092100,198 (4.2)None
Darksongis the second in the parallel world trilogy, The Legendsong Saga, which began withDarkfall. The third and final book in the series will be Darkbane. These are the signs by which the Unraveller shall be known- Half-blind yet seeing all, marked by visioning yet without Darkfall mark, who lives yet sings the death song, who is born yet is not of the Song of Making, who is gifted from the Great Waters, who is crowned in bright flame . . . Legendsong of the Unykorn.After crossing to the troubled world of Keltor, Ember learns that her twin sister also crossed, and is in great danger. She must find Glynn and warn her before it is too late.… (more)
Member:Fourbee4
Title:Darksong: Book Two of the Lege
Authors:Isobelle Carmody (Author)
Info:Penguin Books Australia Ltd (2003), 504 pages

Darksong by Isobelle Carmody (2002)

I read the first book in this series over ten years ago, and while I remember enjoying it, virtually none of the details had stayed with me. So starting this, the second book in the Legendsong series, I had to perform all the mental gymnastics that you have to go through when you enter a series part-way through. Having said that, once I'd found my feet I really enjoyed this story. It's long, complex and thoughtful; the characters feel real; the world-building is interesting; and I really appreciate the fact that it revolves around two sisters, swept to a parallel world.
Side note: I'm getting well caught up on Australian fantasy now; I really need to do the same with New Zealand fantasy! ( )
  salimbol | Oct 12, 2013 |
Like the first book in the series, a lovely and thoughtful read. The book is massive, yes, but it leaves you itching for even more. ( )
  zerraweth | Oct 11, 2008 |

Isobelle Carmodyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Woolley, JanetCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

After her crossing to the troubled world of Keltor, Ember develops the ability to soulweave - to dream of the past and of all possible futures - and learns that her twin sister is upon Keltor and in great danger. She must find Glynn and warn her before it is too late. But Ember is dying and her only hope of healing lies upon the mysterious island of Darkfall, in the form of the soulweaver Chieftain Signe. Time is running out for both sisters and for Keltor, for unbeknownst to the twins, their fate is inextricably bound up in that of this world. Only the mysterious manbeast Ronaall knows that the fate of Glynn and Ember's world - our world - is also at stake, for what befalls one world, will befall all worlds . . . Darksong is the second in the many layered parallel world trilogy, The Legendsong Saga, which began with Darkfall. The third and final book in the series will be Darkbane.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,485,921 books! | Top bar: Always visible