Change We Can Believe In: Barack Obama's Plan to Renew America's Promise (2008)

by Barack Obama

The election of Barack Obama as President of the United States is a defining moment in American history. After years of failed policies and failed politics from Washington, this is our chance to reclaim the American dream. Barack Obama has proven to be a new kind of leader–one who can bring people together, be honest about the challenges we face, and move this nation forward. Change We Can Believe In outlines his vision for America. In these pages you will find bold and specific ideas about how to fix our ailing economy and strengthen the middle class, make health care affordable for all, achieve energy independence, and keep America safe in a dangerous world. Change We Can Believe In asks us not just to believe in Barack Obama’s ability to bring change to Washington, it asks us to believe in our ability to change the world.… (more)

Här sammanfattar president Barack Obama de grundläggande målen för sin politik och vägen dit. Det handlar om att stärka medelklassens position i USA, föra en dialog med resten av världen, ta miljöhoten på allvar och delvis återgå till de värderingar som gjort USA till det land det är. Även tal från valkampanjerna.
  CalleFriden | Feb 17, 2023 |
A nice basic review of Obama's campaign platform. The book also includes a collection of some of his major speeches (the most recent being his July 2008 speech in Berlin). One could most certainly find all of these writings, word for word, somewhere on the internet, but it's nice to have them collected in one physical volume. ( )
  ralphpalm | Nov 11, 2019 |
During his first candidacy for the Presidency, the Obama Campaign published this book showing the man's PLAN for the recovery from the economic collapse of 2008. Part 2 is the "Call" -- a collection of 7 of his public Speeches. These speeches are landmarks of heartfelt intelligence and statesmanship addressing the most serious crises faced by the world.

The Plan begins with a focus on rebuilding the American middle class, which was the single largest source of wealth in the world. (We now know that it was the middle class ownership of homes and stock equities which was targeted for removal by predatory criminals in the banking sector monopolized by the moneyed plutocratic powers. Obama hit this problem at its source, but without recrimination or "blaming".) The Plan includes specific designs and implementations for restoring fiscal responsibility , economic stabilization, and health care. To restore our future, the Plan includes details on Green investment and educational institutions focused on science and technology, as well as infrastructure for the 21st Century. The Plan addresses the inherited wars, specifically with a view to "ending them" responsibly, with appropriate tools and renewed alliances. The Plan concludes with a chapter on "Perfecting Our Union", with details for restoring trust in our Government and cleaning up Washington. Obama explains HOW this can be done.

Since the publication, Barack Obama won the election. The day he was sworn in, the GOP leaders of Congress declared their intention to limit the man to "one term" in office. In the face of an unprecedented economic collapse, and an economy that was hemorrhaging 200,000 jobs per month during the Bush Administration, House Speaker Boehner and Senate Minority leader McConnell committed themselves to political wars. Judging from the asynchronicity and animus of their attacks on Our President, they did not even read this book. ( )
  keylawk | Jul 28, 2012 |
If there is anyone out there who still doubts that America is a place where all things are possible...these book is his answer.
1 vote HanoarHatzioni | Jun 8, 2009 |
Presents Obama’s campaign positions and plan for the next four years. All the sound bits are here with the addition of details to flesh out the plan for people. Recent events may require that some of the plans be changed or adjusted. If you didn’t pay much attention to the campaign speeches this book provides a quick way to get an overview of Obama’s ideas and approach to solving America’s problems. ( )
  EssFair | Dec 22, 2008 |

Obama, Barackprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Blake, AndreNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Obama, Lincoln Corner Karachi, Pakistan, Change , American Society

Book about the ideology that changed the way of thinking of American People and they believed in the change in their system.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 207,084,326 books! | Top bar: Always visible