Lord and Master 2: Taking Work Home by Jules…

Lord and Master 2: Taking Work Home (2019)

by Jules Jones

Taking Work Home follows soon after the end of the previous book. Mark and Steven are lovers, but they still live on their own and work together. They spend most of the weekends together, but Mark is maintaining his space while they test their relationship. But now is time for Mark to meet all Steven's family and not only his parents: New Year's Eve is the planned day and it will be also the day in which Steven will announce to his family that he not only wants to live with Mark, he also wants to marry him.

As the previous one, I like a lot this book since it satisfies one of my kinks, my love for May / December relationship. Here at its full, with Steven being a 46 years old wealthy man, and Mark a 26 years old young man just out of college. Steven takes the lead of their relationship not only in bed but also during their day-to-day routine, and Mark is more and more becoming the perfect secretary wife; he is careful of Steven's needs at work but also in his private life, he supports him with comfort and sex when needed, even when Mark himself is not receiving sexual satisfaction from the act.

This is one of the aspect I found interesting in the book. Sometime sex was more than an erotic interlude to entertain the reader; sex was part of the reason Jules Jones gave the reader to understand Mark and Steven's relationship. Mark could be younger than Steven, but he is an old "younger": he is not more in that age in which sex is everything and more is better; he can fill a stab of annoyance when he didn't obtain what he is trying to reach, but he is wise enough to know that if it's not now, it will be later. Of the two, Mark seems to be the wiser, above all in the matter of living together, and so the unbalancing given by the age difference, is a bit covered by their completing personality.

Another thing I found really charming is the English feeling of the novel, with our characters, both main than supporting ones, who always think that a good cup of tea can be the answer to a lot of problem. So English that, even when they are arguing, they are polite and kind. No loudy tone, no bloody reactions, but a cool composure and bitter reply... sometime words can wound more than a sword.

If you fancy a silver romance, Taking Work Home is really a good choice, even if now I'm waiting to read of their marriage and of all the organization before it.
  elisa.rolle | Aug 25, 2008 |
My thanks go to my crit group, for much-needed nitpicking services. It’s all too easy to think that what’s in your head is what made it to the keyboard -- good beta-readers catch the places where it didn’t.
Mark switched on his office computer, switched on his kettle, and went to the window to enjoy the view while both gadgets got themselves into gear for the morning.

It was just an office affair, with wonderful sex. Young scientist Mark Paulson liked older men, especially tall, dark, and very handsome men like his new boss. Self-made millionaire Steven Frost had no trouble finding sex, but what he needed was a friend who shared his interests; someone like the young assistant he'd just hired. What started as simply great sex between friends has become much, much more, and now they're engaged.

Life's never that simple, of course. Other people have an interest in Steven's welfare and Steven's money, and they're not about to let the pretty little PA half his age take control of either. There's a reason why Steven was still single at the age of forty-four, and some of his family are intent on ensuring that Mark finds out about it the hard way.

But Mark already knows -- true love is about more than champagne and roses.

Jules Jones is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,611,087 books! | Top bar: Always visible