The King's Buccaneer (1992)

by Raymond E. Feist

Series: Krondor's Sons (Book 2), The Riftwar Cycle, Publication Order (5), The Riftwar Cycle, Publication Order (Krondor's Sons, Book 2), The Riftwar Cycle, Alternative Reading Order (Krondor's Sons, Book 2), The Riftwar Cycle, Chronological Order ((Krondor's Sons 2): 15)

3,134244,289 (3.71)1 / 24
Long recovered from the ravages of the Riftwar, the land and people of the kingdom of the Isles thrive. Nicholas, the youngest son of Prince Arutha, is intelligent and gifted but vastly inexperienced. In hopes of hardening him, his father sends him and his irreverent squire, Harry, to live at Rustic Castle Crydee to learn of life beyond the halls of privilege. But within weeks of Nicholas and Harry's arrival, Crydee is viciously attacked by unknown assailants, resulting in murder, massive destruction, and the abduction of two young noblewomen. The raiders have come from a pirate haven and are no ordinary foe ... but an enemy connected to dark magical forces that threaten the lands Nicholas will someday rule -- if he survives.… (more)

English (22)  French (2)  All languages (24)
REREAD:
Another great one. I really remembered almost nothing about this one! I guess I probably read it 25 years ago, so there’s that. ( )
  BooksForDinner | Mar 11, 2024 |
Dit boek is ietsje zwaarder van toon dan het vorige boek, maar Nakur doet goed zijn best. Een aantal karakters kan me geen barst schelen, bijvoorbeeld Marcus, de zoon van Martin. Maar Valentijn is best leuk. Jammer alleen dat zijn manke poot genezen wordt. Ik had hem liever met manke poot en al held zien worden. Dit is een beetje vals spelen en zo zonde. Waarom zou iemand met een lichte handicap geen held kunnen zijn

Maar op dit kleine puntje na, heb ik best van het boek genoten. Ietsje minder dan van de andere boeken, maar toch zeker wel vier sterren waard. Het is me hier en daar net iets te gemakkelijk, ondanks alle ellende. Maar heerlijk leesvoer blijft het. ( )
  weaver-of-dreams | Aug 1, 2023 |
Another fun read from Feist. It started out a bit too YA for me, but then I got I latched on to the characters, and Feist writes them well.

The youngest Prince of Kondor is sent to his uncle's Dutchy to experience life away from Court, where things will not be so easy on him. Chaos ensues when the Dutchy is attacked by unknowns, and Prince Nicholas' cousin is kidnapped. Nicky and his Squire Harry set off with Admiral Amos across the great Seas to the other side of the world. Lots of action and a few new characters. Ticking off another series in the Feist Catalog. ( )
  JBroda | Sep 24, 2021 |
Easy to listen to with interesting characters. The king's nephew sails to the rescue. ( )
  Saraishelafs | Nov 4, 2020 |
I really hope Nicky shows up a lot in the books after this. He's quite possibly my favorite of all the characters. ( )
  SSBranham | Sep 17, 2020 |

Vaccaro, Claire NaylonMapssecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Ethan and Barbara
Ghuda stretched.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 204,080,743 books! | Top bar: Always visible