A Book of Comfort for Those in Sickness

by Philip Bennett Power

Suffering need not be a dark experience]e] While illness brings time to think, the natural tendency of our thoughts may not be comforting. Sickness may end activities we once enjoyed; it will make us dependent upon others; and feelings of pain, or of uselessness, or of anxiety about the future, may be very real. To those who are in sickness the author does not underestimate the strength of those hindrances to comfort. Far from offering superficial advice, P. B. Power's position in A Book of Comfort for Those in Sickness is that no comfort is obtainable unless there be, first, true knowledge of ourselves and, second, right knowledge of God. His main aim is to state what this knowledge needs to be, and to show how with faith in God's character and presence, suffering need not be a dark experience.… (more)

No comfort is obtainable unless there be, first, true knowledge of ourselves and, second, right knowledge of God.
  BLTSbraille | Sep 6, 2021 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,222,936 books! | Top bar: Always visible