Out of Bounds (Love of Sports Series) by T.…

Out of Bounds (Love of Sports Series) (original 2008; edition 2018)

by T. A. Chase (Author)

Member:oldenoughdk
Title:Out of Bounds (Love of Sports Series)
Authors:T. A. Chase (Author)
Info:MLR Press (2018), 106 pages
Rating:*
Tags:gay, sports

Out of Bounds by T. A. Chase (2008)

2009 (1) 2010 (2) 2014 (1) basketball (1) bingo (2) contemporary (4) done (1) ebook (8) erotica (2) freebie (2) gay (3) gay romance (1) glbt (1) goodreads import (2) in the closet (1) kindle (4) lgbt (1) Love of Sports (2) m-m-romance (3) m/m (10) own (1) owned (1) romance (7) Samhain Publishing (1) series (2) Shelfari (1) sport (1) sports (3) to-read (8) unread (2)

I wanted a quick read and that's what I got. Not much else. From start to finish the story is rushed, half-assed, and more than half of it is sex. And it's not even good sex. In fact, all the sex kind of ruins the story. It doesn't leave room for any other kind of interaction between the main characters who go from kind of friends to I-love-you's in the short space of the book. The ending outright sucks, it's very abrupt and feels like there's something cut from after it.

If I'd remembered I didn't like my previous T.A. Chase book at all, I would've gone for something else. Next time I'll make sure to double check. ( )
  CressK | Feb 28, 2018 |
One thing you could say of T.A. Chase's books is that they are all very different. This one is a sexual romp (from Merriam Webster Online romp = a: high-spirited, carefree, and boisterous play b: something suggestive of such play: as (1): a light fast-paced narrative, dramatic, or musical work usually in a comic mood (2): an episode of lovemaking).

Kasey is a 23 years old pro basketball player. He is only in his second year as professional player and he has no courage to openly admit that he is gay. He is out with his family and friends, but not with the public opinion. Plus his twin brother Garrett, a famous actor, has made coming out some years ago and now all media are only waiting for him to make the same claim.

But Kasey till now has never had a boyfriend to care and he doesn't see the reason to suffer all the harrassment he will receive in the locker room if he makes that claim. That is, but now in Kasey's life enters Gram, a night club owner and an openly gay man who had bad experiences in the past with closeted lovers.

Kasey must decide if he is willing to risk his career to keep his lover by his side.

The story is not very long, less than 90 pages, but it's very erotic. From the first time Kasey and Gram have a very intense relationship and they are driven by lust most of the time. Since Kasey is a 23 years old guy that for sometime was deprived of a sexual partner, I think it's not strange that now that he can have someone near him, he is in frenzy to make up for the lost time. Plus it was a true discovery that Kasey is a totally bottom. I'm used to sports characters to be always very manly, even if gay, and usually they are totally top. Instead Kasey wants to be mastered, even if he is a pushy bottom.

The main characters don't interact a lot with the supporting characters, but there are some interesting figures: Garrett, Kasey's brother, Paul, Kasey's teammate, but also Bo, Gram's employee and Colville, another pro basketball player. Since this is the first book in a series, I think we will have the chance to read something on one or plus of these characters.

elisa.rolle | Apr 24, 2008 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,223,763 books! | Top bar: Always visible