Christmas Trees by Robert Frost

Christmas Trees

by Robert Frost

An offer from a city man to buy the trees on his land awakens in a country fellow a keener awareness of the value of both his trees and his friends at Christmas.

This book was illustrated very well. I chose this poem book because I saw it was about Christmas and Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday. I was not too impressed with the book though. It didn't seem like a poem book in my opinion, it just seemed like a regular story book. I also thought it was very hard to follow along with and comprehend. I found myself having to read each page like two or three times before I actually understood it. There were still some pages that even after I completed the entire book, I still did not understand. I don't think I would use this book in my classroom because if I had this much trouble following along with it then I think my students would have a hard time too. Plus, it was stressful trying to comprehend it and I think it took the fun out of the book. ( )
  jlcrews | Oct 23, 2019 |
My favorite holiday is Christmas because it is also my birthday month. Exactly one week before Christmas I celebrate, it is very difficult to do by the way. Anyways the story that was portrayed from Robert Frost poem was how I envision taking my kids to cut down a Christmas tree, which we are going to do for the first time this year. Actually, I have a feeling our trip to get our Christmas tree will be more like National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation where Clark Grizwald forget the saw to cut the tree down. I can not wait to decorate for Christmas, this book put me more in the spirit. Exactly one week I get to decorate and go cut our tree down! ( )
  Ashley.Miller | Nov 15, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,380,802 books! | Top bar: Always visible