Winnie the Pooh (World of Pooh Collection)…

Winnie the Pooh (World of Pooh Collection) (edition 2007)

by A. A. Milne (Author)

The adventures of Christopher Robin and his friends, in which Pooh Bear uses a balloon to get honey, Piglet meets a Heffalump, and Eeyore has a birthday.
Member:Bob_In_Trouble
Title:Winnie the Pooh (World of Pooh Collection)
Authors:A. A. Milne (Author)
Info:Egmont Books Ltd (2007)

Work Information

Winnie-the-Pooh by A. A. Milne

The House at Pooh Corner by A. A. Milne (gilberts)
    A Bear Called Paddington by Michael Bond (souloftherose)
    souloftherose: Another British children's book about bears. Both bears are very well-meaning but always seem to end up getting into all kinds of scrapes. They also share a lot of wisdom through the stories which makes them great books for adults to read and enjoy as well as children.… (more)
    Owly Volume 1: The Way Home & The Bittersweet Summer by Andy Runton (FFortuna)
    FFortuna: Owly reminds me most of the Winnie the Pooh TV cartoons, but the book as well.
    Finding Winnie: The True Story of the World’s Most Famous Bear by Lindsay Mattick (inge87)
    Ponder and William by Barbara Softly (bookel)
Robin (7)
1920s (6)

English (179)  Dutch (1)  Hebrew (1)  German (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (183)
Winnie the Pooh, Christopher Robin, Rabbit, Eeyore and Piglet have some wonderful stories to tell! From Pooh and his honey to Eeyore and his lost tail, these adventures are timeless.

Nothing like visiting your childhood friends all over again. That is what this audiobook did for me! These are such magical stories. Truly takes you on a trip to the hundred acre wood with all the characters and all the wonderful fun adventures.

Joel Froomkin did a fantastic job. I loved all the voices, except for piglet. I just thought piglet didn’t fit. But, he was spot on for all the other characters.

Need a book which will travel you down memory lane…THIS IS IT! Grab your copy today.

I received this novel from the publisher for a honest review. ( )
  fredreeca | Jan 7, 2022 |
Reading Level: 3rd-5th grades
Awards: Notable Children's Recordings (2004)
  dd.salgado | Nov 22, 2021 |
Ten-stories-in-a-story for children, in which Pooh Bear and his associates go on adventures. They also interact from time-to-time with the audience surrogate, Christopher Robin.

Well, for being written nearly 100 years ago(!), this book only barely feels that old. All characters are male except for the mother, of course, and young Christopher Robin shoots a gun toward his friends, but that's rather surprisingly the bulk of the datedness. Winnie-the-Pooh achieves a perfect mix of adult-with-child humor (my favorite was a joke about the letters written on pencils)... but I also found a lot of characters did or said things that would make me hesitant to actually be their friend (a bit too much "laughing at" rather than "laughing with"). So a bit of a mixed bag for me, really. Even so, I'm glad to have read this touchstone work! ( )
2 vote pammab | Sep 27, 2021 |
I picked this up for a reread because, in [b:Russell M. Nelson: Father, Surgeon, Apostle|1731531|Russell M. Nelson Father, Surgeon, Apostle|Spencer J. Condie|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1187506412s/1731531.jpg|1729012], someone remembered their mother would read the book out loud on family road trips and sometimes had to stop in the middle to finish laughing.

Since it had been years, I wasn't sure it was really that funny and set out to rediscover for myself.

This book just gets better and better as you age. The humor is delightful, the characters simple, but with a tender depth that children usually possess, and the visit to childhood is needed. I did, indeed, find myself laughing on the treadmill at the gym. I'm sure some of the charm is nostalgia, but it is done well. I love the timidity of Piglet, the dour depression of Eeyore, and the impossible positivism of Pooh and the pompousness of "Wol."

I'm sure there is a genius paper to be written about this phenomenon somewhere inside someone (and maybe it has already been done), but here's hoping I can sometime find something that will completely deconstruct the genius of this book. ( )
  OutOfTheBestBooks | Sep 24, 2021 |
“Pooh,” said Rabbit kindly, “you haven’t any brain.” “I know,” said Pooh humbly.
Such a sweet, nostalgic book.

The beautiful illustrations put a smile on my face more than once today as I read this. Especially the ones of Piglet!! I have to say he was my absolute favorite.
“It is hard to be brave,” said Piglet, sniffing slightly, “when you’re only a Very Small Animal.”
This was my first time being exposed to the original (versus always having known the Disney versions) and I really thought it was cute. :)
  AshleyHope | Mar 18, 2021 |

Has as a study

To Her

Hand in hand we come

Christopher Robin and I

To lay this book in your lap.

Say you're surprised?

Say you like it?

Say it's just what you wanted?

Because it's yours--

Because we love you.
Here is Edward Bear, coming downstairs now, bump, bump, bump, on the back of his head, behind Christopher Robin.
“When you wake up in the morning, Pooh,” said Piglet at last, “what’s the first thing you say to yourself?” “What’s for breakfast,” said Pooh. “What do you say, Piglet?” “I say, I wonder what’s going to happen exciting today?” said Piglet. Pooh nodded thoughtfully. “It’s the same thing,” he said. (160)
So Kanga and Roo stayed in the Forest. And every Tuesday Roo spent the day with his great friend Rabbit, and every Tuesday Kanga spent the day with her great friend Pooh, teaching him to jump, and every Tuesday Piglet spent the day with his great friend Christopher Robin. So they were all happy again. (109)
[Piglet] is jealous because he thinks Pooh is having a Grand Introduction all to himself. Pooh is the favourite, of course, there’s no denying it, but Piglet comes in for a good many things which Pooh misses; because you can’t take Pooh to school without everybody knowing it, but Piglet is so small that he slips into a pocket, where it is very comfortable to feel him… and in this way he has got more education than Pooh, but Pooh doesn’t mind. Some have brains, and some haven’t, he says, and there it is. (ii-iii)
The isbn 0525430350 is associated with an unabridged version of "Winnie-the-Pooh", not Disney's "Winnie-the-Pooh and Tigger".

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,115,409 books! | Top bar: Always visible