Breaking Dawn (2008)

by Stephenie Meyer

Series: Twilight Saga (4)

35,980101750 (3.69)2 / 205
Although eighteen-year-old Bella joins the dark but seductive world of the immortals by marrying Edward the vampire, her connection to the powerful werewolf Jacob remains unsevered.
    Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw, spanishgodess)
    New Moon by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    The Awakening / The Struggle by L. J. Smith (_Zoe_)
    Glass Houses by Rachel Caine (Jenson_AKA_DL, Rachook)
    Jenson_AKA_DL: If you're looking for more vampire stories, I'd suggest this one!
    Twilight / New Moon / Eclipse / Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (amybroad25)
    amybroad25: Amazing books Could not put any of them down Hoping that she will write another one about Bella and Edwards daughter renesmee
    Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead (gamermom2004)
    Evernight by Claudia Gray (titania86)
    Book of Shadows by Cate Tiernan (mgcdreamer13)
    The Host: A Novel by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan (TomWaitsTables)
    Night World No. 1: Secret Vampire / Daughters of Darkness / Spellbinder by L. J. Smith (_Zoe_)
    A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray (goodiegoodie)
    Not Safe for Vampires by William Frost (LostVampire)
    LostVampire: Thomas Watson becomes a vampire during the Civil War. The YA fantasy fiction novel NOT SAFE FOR VAMPIRES is a good read. It is only 128 pages, but it is not light reading, You really have to follow the beginning - once you understand the style of writing (there are flashback scenes) you will really enjoy the journey. The story is filled with history. For example, Africatown and the Clotilde ship are a real part of history (I googled it). Also, the character Captain Thomas Watson was really a soldier for the Union Army. I believe you will enjoy this book and add it to your library as well.… (more)

English (983)  Dutch (5)  Spanish (5)  Portuguese (Portugal) (4)  German (4)  Finnish (3)  French (2)  Swedish (2)  Danish (2)  Italian (2)  Catalan (1)  Eskimo languages (1)  All languages (1,014)
Bella has grown up! I enjoyed the different story telling from other perspectives. I liked this book the best of the series, "saga." Nice ending. However, the basic principle of this story, Bella getting pregnant by a vampire is sooooo highly unlikely. I mean, his heart doesn't even beat, let alone any other bodily functions that would cause pregnancy. Any way, it is fiction and it was entertaining. ( )
  BarbF410 | May 22, 2022 |
Borrowed ( )
  beckykb6 | Apr 13, 2022 |
Interesting conclusion to the series! ( )
  KatKinney | Mar 3, 2022 |
the only thing i remember about reading this book is thinking they were about to kill absolutely everyone in that battle and then being disappointed when that didn't happen. I wanted a total party kill, complete bloodbath.
  mutantpudding | Jan 30, 2022 |
Enjoyed the audiobook as a re-read. ( )
  KimZoot | Jan 2, 2022 |
And so the pabulum slips down, spoonful by spoonful, with every now and then a neat idea, an unspoken hint of untold perversity, an almost subliminal flash of something nasty.

Over 754 pages, the answers come almost too easily, but not quickly.

Certain elements of BREAKING DAWN are perplexing, even off-putting --- particularly the scenes of sex, pregnancy and childbirth.

But it's nearly impossible to please everyone --- especially when so much of the series' drama has relied on the tension of Bella's choice between two very different but desirable lovers. Readers who are able, eventually, to gain some perspective will find much to redeem BREAKING DAWN, particularly its new insights into Jacob's inner life as well as its neat resolution to several of the series' pressing conflicts and its realistic (or at least as realistic as a vampire romance can get) portrayal of the complexities and joys of married life.

Stephenie Meyerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Hachmeister, SylkeÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kadushin, IlyanaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pallarés Sanmiguel, José MiguelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sánchez Raya, María JesúsTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Walters, MattNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age. The child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies.
Edna St. Vincent Millay (Book 1: Bella)
And yet, to say the truth, reason and love keep little company together nowadays.
>William Shakespeare "A Midsummer Night's Dream" Act III, Scene i (Book Two: Jacob)
Personal affection is a luxury you can have only after all your enemies are eliminated. Until then, everyone you love is a hostage, sapping your courage and corrumpting your judgment.
>Orson Scott Card "Empire" (Book Three: Bella)
This book is dedicated to my ninja/agent, Jodi Reamer.
Thank you for keeping me off the ledge.

And thanks also to my favorite band,
the very aptly named Muse,
for providing a saga's worth of inspiration.
I'd had more than my fair share of near-death experiences; it wasn't something you ever really got used to.
The days were not long enough for me to get my fill of adoring my daughter; the nights did not have enough hours to satisfy my need for Edward.

Hachette Book Group

3 editions of this book were published by Hachette Book Group.

Editions: 031606792X, 031604461X, 0316067938

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,247,262 books! | Top bar: Always visible