Breaking Dawn (The Twilight Saga, Book 4) by…

Breaking Dawn (The Twilight Saga, Book 4) (original 2008; edition 2008)

by Stephenie Meyer (Author)

Series: Twilight Saga (4)

35,010101149 (3.69)2 / 204
Although eighteen-year-old Bella joins the dark but seductive world of the immortals by marrying Edward the vampire, her connection to the powerful werewolf Jacob remains unsevered.
Member:purplegrayson
Title:Breaking Dawn (The Twilight Saga, Book 4)
Authors:Stephenie Meyer (Author)
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2008), Edition: 1st, 756 pages

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (2008)

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw, spanishgodess)
    New Moon by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    The Awakening / The Struggle by L. J. Smith (_Zoe_)
    Glass Houses by Rachel Caine (Jenson_AKA_DL, Rachook)
    Jenson_AKA_DL: If you're looking for more vampire stories, I'd suggest this one!
    Twilight / New Moon / Eclipse / Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (amybroad25)
    amybroad25: Amazing books Could not put any of them down Hoping that she will write another one about Bella and Edwards daughter renesmee
    Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead (gamermom2004)
    Evernight by Claudia Gray (titania86)
    Book of Shadows by Cate Tiernan (mgcdreamer13)
    The Host: A Novel by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan (TomWaitsTables)
    Night World No. 1: Secret Vampire / Daughters of Darkness / Spellbinder by L. J. Smith (_Zoe_)
    A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray (goodiegoodie)
    Not Safe for Vampires by William Frost (LostVampire)
    LostVampire: Thomas Watson becomes a vampire during the Civil War. The YA fantasy fiction novel NOT SAFE FOR VAMPIRES is a good read. It is only 128 pages, but it is not light reading, You really have to follow the beginning - once you understand the style of writing (there are flashback scenes) you will really enjoy the journey. The story is filled with history. For example, Africatown and the Clotilde ship are a real part of history (I googled it). Also, the character Captain Thomas Watson was really a soldier for the Union Army. I believe you will enjoy this book and add it to your library as well.… (more)

English (976)  Dutch (5)  Spanish (5)  Portuguese (Portugal) (4)  German (4)  Finnish (3)  French (2)  Swedish (2)  Danish (2)  Italian (2)  Catalan (1)  Eskimo languages (1)  All languages (1,007)
So this is the final in the series. It wraps up most of it. I didn't like how most things ended though. The solution to the Edward-Bella-Jacob love triangle was ridiculous and kinda icky. Like yuck. *body shudder* Also the end big scene was so anti-climactic. I mean, literally nothing happened. In this case I actually liked the movies version better lol. ( )
  starslight86 | Jul 20, 2021 |
Teen fiction; vampire romance/adventure. Book 4 of the Twilight series relates what happens to Bella after she agrees to marry her vampire boyfriend Edward and become one of the "cold ones." Compared to the first 3 books, there really wasn't enough action/danger in this one (and having to listen to Jacob's and Bella's predictable thoughts for so long was not all that interesting), and the action/danger that doesn't occur turns out to be only a small threat anyway. It's one of those things that could be summed up very neatly at the end of a movie (the part right before the credits where you read about what happens to the characters afterwards), but instead it's a long, pointless book. Plus, the "scientific" explanations that Meyer offers for some of the supernatural characteristics make no sense and she throws in further complications (shape shifters vs. werewolves) for no apparent reason (except a possible future spinoff series); it would have been better just to leave the facts where they lay without any weak explanations. I guess this plot (or lack thereof) is the best that could be managed considering the characters and the ending that Meyer was building towards, but readers may be well advised just to skip this one. ( )
  reader1009 | Jul 3, 2021 |
I liked the whole Twilight series. This book was the final book and was a nice wrap to the story. Although I wasn't sure about Jacob's ending at the end of the book. Bella also has a new fate. The series was very interesting to read. ( )
  MiraLadybug | Jun 7, 2021 |
Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. No other words...
Well, just some -
This book took me on a roller coaster of emotions. One page I'm crying, the next laughing. I don't know how I will ever be able to say goodbye to this world, that's just how awesome the series was. The character development was excellent, the plot mind-blowing, and the suspense excruciating. I've come a long way with Bella and Edward, Jacob and Nessie, Alice and Jasper, and all the other remarkable characters, I really cannot wait until the fifth book.
If you, for some odd reason, have not yet read this series, what the heck are you doing? Go read it! But beware, there'll be beyond incredible content coming your way! ( )
  Lulu0917 | May 19, 2021 |
hb
  5083mitzi | Mar 13, 2021 |
And so the pabulum slips down, spoonful by spoonful, with every now and then a neat idea, an unspoken hint of untold perversity, an almost subliminal flash of something nasty.

Over 754 pages, the answers come almost too easily, but not quickly.

Certain elements of BREAKING DAWN are perplexing, even off-putting --- particularly the scenes of sex, pregnancy and childbirth.

But it's nearly impossible to please everyone --- especially when so much of the series' drama has relied on the tension of Bella's choice between two very different but desirable lovers. Readers who are able, eventually, to gain some perspective will find much to redeem BREAKING DAWN, particularly its new insights into Jacob's inner life as well as its neat resolution to several of the series' pressing conflicts and its realistic (or at least as realistic as a vampire romance can get) portrayal of the complexities and joys of married life.

Stephenie Meyerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Hachmeister, SylkeÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kadushin, IlyanaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pallarés Sanmiguel, José MiguelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sánchez Raya, María JesúsTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Walters, MattNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age. The child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies.
Edna St. Vincent Millay (Book 1: Bella)
And yet, to say the truth, reason and love keep little company together nowadays.
>William Shakespeare "A Midsummer Night's Dream" Act III, Scene i (Book Two: Jacob)
Personal affection is a luxury you can have only after all your enemies are eliminated. Until then, everyone you love is a hostage, sapping your courage and corrumpting your judgment.
>Orson Scott Card "Empire" (Book Three: Bella)
This book is dedicated to my ninja/agent, Jodi Reamer.
Thank you for keeping me off the ledge.

And thanks also to my favorite band,
the very aptly named Muse,
for providing a saga's worth of inspiration.
I'd had more than my fair share of near-death experiences; it wasn't something you ever really got used to.
The days were not long enough for me to get my fill of adoring my daughter; the nights did not have enough hours to satisfy my need for Edward.

Hachette Book Group

3 editions of this book were published by Hachette Book Group.

Editions: 031606792X, 031604461X, 0316067938

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,324,131 books! | Top bar: Always visible