Breaking Dawn (The Twilight Saga, Book 4) by…

Breaking Dawn (The Twilight Saga, Book 4) (original 2008; edition 2008)

by Stephenie Meyer

Series: Twilight (4)

32,04997541 (3.72)2 / 191
Member:SheWantsLight
Title:Breaking Dawn (The Twilight Saga, Book 4)
Authors:Stephenie Meyer
Info:Little, Brown Young Readers (2008), Hardcover, 768 pages

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (2008)

Recently added byrgarcica, Naatikmexico, Smok112500, Craigmount, NazarethLibrary, mmorrison61, private library, BASALibrary, rena75
Legacy LibrariesTim Spalding
    Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw, spanishgodess)
    New Moon by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    The Vampire Diaries: The Awakening and The Struggle by L. J. Smith (_Zoe_)
    Glass Houses by Rachel Caine (Jenson_AKA_DL, Rachook)
    Jenson_AKA_DL: If you're looking for more vampire stories, I'd suggest this one!
    Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead (gamermom2004)
    Twilight / New Moon / Eclipse / Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (amybroad25)
    amybroad25: Amazing books Could not put any of them down Hoping that she will write another one about Bella and Edwards daughter renesmee
    Evernight by Claudia Gray (titania86)
    Book of Shadows by Cate Tiernan (mgcdreamer13)
    The Host by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray (goodiegoodie)
    Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan (TomWaitsTables)
    Night World No. 1: Secret Vampire / Daughters of Darkness / Spellbinder by L. J. Smith (_Zoe_)
    Not Safe For Vampires by William Frost (LostVampire)
    LostVampire: Thomas Watson becomes a vampire during the Civil War. The YA fantasy fiction novel NOT SAFE FOR VAMPIRES is a good read. It is only 128 pages, but it is not light reading, You really have to follow the beginning - once you understand the style of writing (there are flashback scenes) you will really enjoy the journey. The story is filled with history. For example, Africatown and the Clotilde ship are a real part of history (I googled it). Also, the character Captain Thomas Watson was really a soldier for the Union Army. I believe you will enjoy this book and add it to your library as well.… (more)

English (943)  Dutch (5)  Spanish (5)  German (5)  Finnish (3)  Portuguese (Portugal) (3)  French (2)  Italian (2)  Danish (2)  Swedish (2)  Catalan (1)  Eskimo languages (1)  All languages (974)
My least favorite book in the series. I thought it lost some of its passion and the reader really couldn't concet with the characters as much as the first three books. I thought Meyers was trying way to hard to make all her readers happy instead of listening to what the characters wanted. Some of it was highly unbelievable. ( )
  LVStrongPuff | Nov 29, 2018 |
AWESOME!! ( )
  JKJ94 | Oct 30, 2018 |
This review was originally posted on Melissa's Midnight Musings on October 29, 2012.

There's not much I can say that hasn't already been said about Breaking Dawn, so this review will be short and sweet. I'm so late on the Twilight train, having only started the series last year. I enjoyed the first few books in the series much more than I enjoyed this one.

The story just seemed to fall flat for me. It was more teenage angst, with the dialogue to go with it. For some reason the dialogue in Breaking Dawn seemed a lot more immature than it did in the other books. After the 4th or 5th time I read Jacob saying "'kay" I was more than a little irritated.

Plus the whole love triangle between Edward just seemed ridiculous, especially after Bella was pregnant and still breaking into a smile and wanting him to be around all the time. Of course, that made more sense when Renesmee came along, but even that whole dynamic was weird. He can't have Bella so he imprints on her daughter instead? Certainly a dysfunctional family unit if there ever was one.

I have to say that I was glad to see that Bella finally grew a little bit as a character. She was less whiny, and more decisive in Breaking Dawn. More than likely that's because of Renesmee, becoming a mom was a big change for her, both literally and figuratively.

I was actually most captivated by Renesmee, just like everyone around her. She seemed so interesting, so unique. Meyer definitely did a good job bringing her character to life and making her likeable. (Minus the whole being soulmates with Jacob thing.)

In the end, I think I was expecting a different outcome. While I liked the story, it all wrapped up a little too neatly for me. ( )
  Melissalovesreading | Sep 30, 2018 |
This ended both the way I thought it would, and not quite as I thought. The book itself ended how I knew it would, but the epilogue was not quite as expected.

I've been thinking about the message of these books as I've been reading them. As much as I find myself being sucked in, and enjoying them, they really aren't the greatest for young teens and tweens. What kind of message does it send to girls when Bella is falling apart and numb inside and literally feeling like she's dying, or should, because her boyfriend leaves? That sounds like it would lead to a lot of codependence, which isn't exactly an empowering message. Then she finds her solace in another guy, and it turns out she loves him too? Even more mixed signals.

Maybe I'm just being too cynical about it, but at least I recognize the issues. But 12 year old girls aren't going to see it that way. Oh well, cynical as I may be, I'm in it for the long haul, and will end up reading the last book when I get a chance. ( )
  Melissalovesreading | Sep 30, 2018 |
This series was my very Favorite PNR Romance

Found this video Last night ;-) Your Welcome

Love The Way You Lie ( )
  Savehouse | Sep 24, 2018 |
And so the pabulum slips down, spoonful by spoonful, with every now and then a neat idea, an unspoken hint of untold perversity, an almost subliminal flash of something nasty.

Over 754 pages, the answers come almost too easily, but not quickly.

I hope no one takes this review to offense, so here I go.
I thought this book was completely insane, rambling, and irrelevant. Period. So much of this book was just fluff and not enough action like how I think a Vampire book should be about. Sure, the book has it’s good points like Jacob finally coming to terms with his power of an Alpha wolf and Bella finally being transformed into a beautiful vampire. Then again there are so many things t hat don’t make sense and leave me wanting more, but not in the good way because I know that’s the end of that.
Here are my list of problems:
1) Bella’s baby is a super genius with the power to talk through thoughts and images. Now that’s a pretty cool power if you ask me, but it has an adult mind. Not to mention that it has an earsplitting name which I don’t feel like typing out. This very baby is also the center of Jacob’s new infatuation. Please, ignore that he was completely and utterly obsessively in love with Bella for the first three books! Now he’s got an infant to be romantically involved with! Just….ew.
2) Bella is also super perfect as a vampire. Even as a human, Bella defied logic as a person with real emotions or tendencies. I mean, she goes out with a vampire who wants to drink her blood like heroine, hangs out with potentially dangerous werewolves, marries a vampire, gets pregnant, and now she gets turned into one. As a vampire she can suppress her own cravings and has developed powers.
3) The fight scene was a let down! I mean, there was no fighting!
So, those are my thoughts. Feel free to object or argue
added by SPSVLibrary | editSPSVLibrary

Certain elements of BREAKING DAWN are perplexing, even off-putting --- particularly the scenes of sex, pregnancy and childbirth.

But it's nearly impossible to please everyone --- especially when so much of the series' drama has relied on the tension of Bella's choice between two very different but desirable lovers. Readers who are able, eventually, to gain some perspective will find much to redeem BREAKING DAWN, particularly its new insights into Jacob's inner life as well as its neat resolution to several of the series' pressing conflicts and its realistic (or at least as realistic as a vampire romance can get) portrayal of the complexities and joys of married life.

Stephenie Meyerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Hachmeister, SylkeÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kadushin, IlyanaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pallarés Sanmiguel, José MiguelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sánchez Raya, María JesúsTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Walters, MattNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age. The child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies.
Edna St. Vincent Millay (Book 1: Bella)
And yet, to say the truth, reason and love keep little company together nowadays.
>William Shakespeare "A Midsummer Night's Dream" Act III, Scene i (Book Two: Jacob)
Personal affection is a luxury you can have only after all your enemies are eliminated. Until then, everyone you love is a hostage, sapping your courage and corrumpting your judgment.
>Orson Scott Card "Empire" (Book Three: Bella)
This book is dedicated to my ninja/agent, Jodi Reamer.
Thank you for keeping me off the ledge.

And thanks also to my favorite band,
the very aptly named Muse,
for providing a saga's worth of inspiration.
I'd had more than my fair share of near-death experiences; it wasn't something you ever really got used to.
The days were not long enough for me to get my fill of adoring my daughter; the nights did not have enough hours to satisfy my need for Edward.

To be irrevocably in love with a vampire is both fantasy and nightmare woven into a dangerously heightened reality for Bella Swan. Pulled in one direction by her intense passion for Edward Cullen, and in another by her profound connection to werewolf Jacob Black, she has endured a tumultuous year of temptation, loss, and strife to reach the ultimate turning point. Her imminent choice to either join the dark but seductive world of immortals or to pursue a fully human life has become the thread from which the fates of two tribes hangs.

Now that Bella has made her decision, a startling chain of unprecedented events is about to unfold with potentially devastating and unfathomable, consequences. Just when the frayed strands of Bella's life - first discovered in Twilight, then scattered and torn in New Moon and Eclipse - seem ready to heal and knit together, could they be destroyed... forever?

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 031606792X, Hardcover)

Great love stories thrive on sacrifice. Throughout The Twilight Saga (Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse), Stephenie Meyer has emulated great love stories--Romeo and Juliet, Wuthering Heights--with the fated, yet perpetually doomed love of Bella (the human girl) and Edward (the vampire who feeds on animals instead of humans). In Breaking Dawn, the fourth and final installment in the series, Bella’s story plays out in some unexpected ways. The ongoing conflicts that made this series so compelling--a human girl in love with a vampire, a werewolf in love with a human girl, the generations-long feud between werewolves and vampires--resolve pretty quickly, apparently so that Meyer could focus on Bella’s latest opportunity for self-sacrifice: giving her life for someone she loves even more than Edward. How close she comes to actually making that sacrifice is questionable, which is a big shift from the earlier books. Even though you knew Bella would make it through somehow, the threats to her life, and to her relationship with Edward, had previously always felt real. It’s as if Meyer was afraid of hurting her characters too much, which is unfortunate, because the pain Bella suffered at losing Edward in New Moon, and the pain Jacob suffered at losing Bella again and again, are the fire and the heart that drive the whole series. Diehard fans will stick with Bella, Edward, and Jacob for as many twists and turns as possible, but after most of the characters get what they want with little sacrifice, some readers may have a harder time caring what happens next. (Ages 12 and up) --Heidi Broadhead

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:17 -0400)

In the fourth and final book in the #1 bestselling teen vampire Twilight Saga, questions will be answered and the fate of Bella and Edward will be revealed.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,765,928 books! | Top bar: Always visible