Moedigen by Nicholas Evans

Moedigen (edition 2010)

by Nicholas Evans

Tom Bedford has put his past behind him--until his son Danny is charged with murder. In the chaos of war, Danny has been caught in a violent skirmish gone bloodily awry, and the Army needs someone to pay for the mistake. Shocked into action, Tom confronts the violence in his past and fights to save the son he'd let slip away.… (more)
Member:MMLB
Title:Moedigen
Authors:Nicholas Evans
Info:Amsterdam De Boekerij 2010

The Brave by Nicholas Evans

English (18)  Dutch (3)  Spanish (1)  All languages (22)
Interesting concepts in this story: mother lets her own mother raise her child even though she is not happy with her behaviors, mother of child on death row and takes most of story to find out why, boy being raised in a boarding school then Hollywood rich when real mom becomes famous actress then on a cowboy ranch. Other part of story: child now a father with issues of drinking, being divorced, dealing with a son accused of murdering in Iraq. So many story lines yet the author kept them tied together while going back and forth from 1950s to present day. Surprisingly not that confusing to read. Expected ending yet question who really was the Brave. ( )
  kshydog | Dec 13, 2020 |
Loved it. Loved the Horse Whisperer, so I KNEW this would be good... now I have a read a few more of his older books. Great story- you had to read to the very last chapter to resolve the issues in the book... of course, there were horses and gorgeous scenery... great read! ( )
  nwieme | Mar 19, 2020 |
This book starts off with a kid in boarding school being horribly bullied, and as a reader you desperately want him to get one over on the bullies. Well as far as that goes, this book delivers in magnificent style. The Speech Day section was such a joy. When it comes to living the dream, central character Tommy does it in some style. Of course it all has to go horribly wrong, as the very first chapter makes clear, but what a journey.

This had a slightly more low-brow feel than the author’s other work, but you can’t fault it for readability. ( )
  jayne_charles | Jun 6, 2019 |
He must have sleep walked writing this book. No where as good as his others. I had a very difficult time warming up to his son Danny and subsequently did not read the chapters dealing with his court Marshall but skimmed them. Resolved in true Hollywood fashion. Likewise, the improbability of the fate that befell Diane is mind boggling and once again true Hollywood. Makes you wonder if he was hoping to sell it to a studio. ( )
  Alphawoman | Dec 1, 2017 |
I was unable to keep up, and became so bored I was unable to finish it. One of the only books I did not finish, but I don't plan on ever wasting the time to do so. ( )
  Shadow494 | Jun 20, 2016 |
Voor mijn zus, Susan Britton
The free have lost what mattered, the brave stay home in bed, The white hat now bespattered, with blood of needless dead. Our heroes all are banished, we rode them out of town, The valiant who vanished, when the sun was going down. SHANE VAN CLOIS - 'Men in White Hats'

Hachette Book Group

3 editions of this book were published by Hachette Book Group.

Editions: 0316033782, 1607886294, 0316053856

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,224,965 books! | Top bar: Always visible