One False Note (The 39 Clues, Book 2) by…

One False Note (The 39 Clues, Book 2) (original 2008; edition 2008)

by Gordon Korman (Author)

Series: The 39 Clues (2)

A million dollars, or a clue? Police report a break-in at an elite hotel, and the suspects sound suspiciously like Amy and Dan. There's a car and speedboat chase and an angry mob! When there's a Clue on the line, anything can happen.
Member:Val221
Title:One False Note (The 39 Clues, Book 2)
Authors:Gordon Korman (Author)
Info:Scholastic Inc. (2008), Edition: Gmc Rei/Cr, 176 pages

One False Note by Gordon Korman (Author) (2008)

Children's fiction; action-adventure/mystery. Gordon Korman's second installment to this series didn't appeal to me as much as Rick Riordan's firstinstallment, but I still would highly recommend the 39 Clues to ready readers and reluctant readers of the 4th-6th grades. ( )
  reader1009 | Jul 3, 2021 |
  lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
i enjoyed this book from start to finish ( )
  DigitalKB | Apr 13, 2020 |
One of my favorite series, "The 39 Clues" has a lot to offer. This book includes many mysteries and the author Gordon Korman brings up a good plot line so you are never bored and always long to read the next volume! It involves two main characters, both siblings called Dan and Amy, who both have their own quirks and interesting things about them. When reading this book, I always get engulfed and mesmerized thinking about what events are going to happen next. The plot line has to do with Dan and Amy's grandparents death and leading to someone who has to inherit the entire family wealth. The entire family tree consists of many cousins, and other relatives who also want to inherit the wealth. This leads to 39 clues being exposed and they have to try and find it, risking their lives and trying to get the clues first. It adds a good twist of mystery and also some action when the families clash and try to race for the clue. In my opinion, this book series and this book especially which has many references to musicians like Mozart, is very good and I recommend this book to you. Once you get a hold of this book and start reading this, you want to keep going on and on, that's one of the main things I love about this book. The thrill of trying to predict what will happen next is amazing, and so that's why I gave it a 4 1/2 rating. Although it does have some confusing parts and plot holes, the book is very good overall, and the characters are well made. ( )
  Taqi_Abbas | Feb 13, 2020 |
Amy and Dan Cahill are orphans. Their parents died and they were left in the care of their mean Aunt Beatrice. After their grandmother, Grace Cahill, passed away from cancer she left the Cahill family two options in her will. They could take a million dollars and forfeit their rights to any Cahill money and power or participate in unlocking the secrets of the 39 clues. Unlocking these clues will bring whoever does it great power and riches. The Cahill family goes back many generations and has shaped history and mankind as we know it. There are four branches of Cahill’s that stem from four brothers and sisters. The Ekaterina comes from Catherine and this branch has decedents that are inventors and innovators. The next house is the Lucians. The members of this house are usually super rich, have strong leadership skills, and some are even spies. The next house is the house of Tomas. These are your meathead kind of person; very strong and physically fit. Everyone thinks that they aren’t very smart but they have proven themselves over and over again. The last house is the Janis. This house is the arts and humanities branch. Janus descendants are usually famous artists, musicians, and painters. Amy and Dan still do not know which branch they belong to because Grace never told them. They never even knew that they came from such an amazing family. Grace kept it a secret but she was secretly training Dan and Amy. Every Sunday, Dan and Amy would visit their grandma. She would take them to museums and play different games with them The whole time, Grace was getting them ready to go on the hunt for the 39 clues. In this book Dan and Amy race through Vienna with their au pair, Nelly, in search of the next clue which they think is in Mozart’s music or house. They hit many obstacles and quickly find out that their family is willing do whatever it takes to win.

This book is really fun to read and I can relate to it because I have visited Vienna. This book series kind of remind me of the Magic Treehouse series because it takes actual places and puts a story into it. This makes it real and relatable to readers. I also really like the way that Dan and Amy are kinda force to take care of each other and work together. While there are some frustrating times, they always seem to come back together and take care of each other.
  RiverR.G1 | Jun 1, 2018 |
This is a really good book about two kids that are on a dangerous race to find the thirty-nine clues - against their own relatives. No one is about to help Dan and Amy any time soon though, in fact, there are traps around every corner.
This is the second book in the series and is very good!
added by serenastory | editStudent

Korman, GordonAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Pittu, DavidNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,401,582 books! | Top bar: Always visible