Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk

Invisible Monsters (original 1999; edition 2000)

by Chuck Palahniuk (Author)

The career of a model ends when she is disfigured in an accident. Suspecting the accident was the work of her ex-boyfriend and his new girlfriend, she takes revenge by slipping him a drug to grow breasts.
Member:Saraiest
Title:Invisible Monsters
Authors:Chuck Palahniuk (Author)
Info:Vintage (2000), Edition: 01, 304 pages
Tags:to-read

Work Information

Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk (1999)

Recently added byRikkiH, TurtleWave, private library, marcoboasso22, 021497s, archivistorian, anglaninika
    The Blondes: A Novel by Emily Schultz (ShelfMonkey)
    Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer (Leigh22)
    Leigh22: Style of writing is completely different, but they both have a similar theme. Just wanting to drop everything and run away

Fantastic book. Fantastic imagination. Fantastic author. ( )
  Drunken-Otter | Aug 20, 2021 |
So good and refreshing to read an author that's conscious of the depth of life, but has not forgotten how to play with the surface. ( )
  joemaro | Jul 28, 2021 |
This story is narrated by Shannon McFarland, the not-so-mute monster with half-a-face protagonist. She has everything: a great modeling carreer, a fiance, and a loyal best friend. But an "accident" changes everything. Until she met Princess Brandy Alexander, who teaches her to make a new story. This book is about hatred, finding revenge, and the protagonist's desperate ways of finding love.

This is the first Chuck Palahniuk-book I've read. And I love it, I think I'll be reding more of his works.--I just read this because of Panic at the the Disco's song, Time to Dance, which I'm super addicted to.-- I find this book so refreshing, after reading books with monsters, vampires, fairies, etc. well, this is such a new monster read *LOL*. All in all, this is the most insane novel I've ever read. And the characters prove that much. ( )
  blithelii_ | May 29, 2021 |
This is by far the best Palahnuik has done. The criticism of Chuck, and I think its pretty valid, the first book you read by him becomes your favorite. Its timely. It seems original. Unfortunately, you grow. Chuck doesn't seem to. ( )
  illmunkeys | Apr 22, 2021 |
I've never read anything like it! How many times have been reading a thriller and you wished you couldn't see how many pages are left? This is that. It's a choose-your-own-adventure book, but without the choice. There are two or three other plot lines (aside from the main story) that loop back around, so if you take a wrong turn you'll figure it out. This is definitely a rocket ride. The characters have some pretty deep mental issues that keep the plot moving in crazy, shocking directions. ( )
  064 | Mar 4, 2021 |

Palahniuk, Chuckprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Fields, AnnaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rosini, ManuelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Geoff, who said, "This is how to steal drugs." And Ina, who said, "This is lip liner." And Janet, who said, "This is silk georgette." And my editor, Patricia, who kept saying, "This is not good enough."
Where you're supposed to be is some big West Hills wedding reception in a big manor house with flower arrangements and stuffed mushrooms all over the house.
No matter how much you think you love somebody, you'll step back when the pool of their blood edges up too close.
The murderer, the victim, the witness, each of us thinks our role is the lead.
When did the future switch from being a promise to being a threat?
The one you love and the one who loves you are never, ever the same person.
You can only hold a smile for so long, after that it's just teeth.
Please distinguish between Invisible Monsters (1999) and Invisible Monsters Remix (2012).

W.W. Norton

An edition of this book was published by W.W. Norton.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,249,125 books! | Top bar: Always visible