Full Catastrophe Living (Revised Edition):…

Full Catastrophe Living (Revised Edition): Using the Wisdom of Your Body… (edition 2013)

by Jon Kabat-Zinn (Author)

A guide to awareness meditation methods offers a program for coping with illnesses as well as everyday stress.
Member:dttocs
Title:Full Catastrophe Living (Revised Edition): Using the Wisdom of Your Body and Mind to Face Stress, Pain, and Illness
Authors:Jon Kabat-Zinn (Author)
Info:Bantam (2013), Edition: Revised, Updated, 720 pages
Tags:box0003

Full Catastrophe Living: Using the Wisdom of Your Body and Mind to Face Stress, Pain, and Illness by Jon Kabat-Zinn

English (12)  French (1)  All languages (13)
I liked the message, but thought it was rather longwinded. Bit of a mixed bag, but it got me started on yoga and meditation, which I like doing. ( )
  Cuchulainn | Jun 7, 2020 |
I read this book as an introduction to Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) as I am attending a weekend retreat taught by the person in the area who leads the MBSR clinics at a local hospital. It's all very valuable information, very well thought out, very well expressed. But, it is so very long. I faithfully read Part 1, skimmed Part 2, and couldn't ready any longer. I will instead put the information into practice as that is where I will likely gain the most now. ( )
  britabee | Jun 3, 2020 |
Stress. It is everywhere around us. Even worse, it gets inside us: sapping our energy, undermining our health, and making us more vulnerable to anxiety, depression, and disease. Now, based on Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn's renowned mindfulness-based stress reduction program, this groundbreaking book shows you how to use natural, medically proven methods to soothe and heal your body, mind, and spirit. By using the practices described within, you can learn to manage chronic pain resulting from illness and/or stress related disorders...discover the roles that anger and tension play in heart disease... reduce anxiety and feelings of panic...improve overall quality of life and relationships through mindfulness meditation and mindful yoga. More timely than ever before," "Full Catastrophe Living is a book for the young and the old, the well, the ill, and anyone trying to live a healthier and saner life in today's world.
  PSZC | Apr 23, 2020 |
Beyond brilliant. I wish I'd read this when it came out. I strongly recommend, no matter what your situation, but especially if you're not engaged in "the Full Catastrophe" yet. And for those who are? Waste no time. Read it now.
  laureenH | Aug 26, 2019 |
A practical guide to mindfulness, meditation, and healing.
  CenterPointMN | Oct 4, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,535,815 books! | Top bar: Always visible