The Last Olympian

by Rick Riordan

Series: Camp Half-Blood (5), Riordan's Demi-Gods (1.5), Percy Jackson and the Olympians (5)

13,891351325 (4.35)1 / 258
The long-awaited prophecy surrounding Percy Jackson's sixteenth birthday unfolds as he leads an army of young demigods to stop Kronos in his advance on New York City, while the Olympians struggle to contain the rampaging monster, Typhon.

A great ending to a great series. This book brings in events and characters from the previous books and ties everything together in an interesting and emotional way. Percy and his friends really come into their own as heroes and I love the emphasis on family and personal choice. ( )
  mutantpudding | Dec 26, 2021 |
This was a lovely end to the series. ( )
  ChelseaVK | Dec 10, 2021 |
This series is really fantastic. The use of the mythology, the writing style, the characters, the way they evolve over the course of the books, the action, the pacing, the twists, its brilliant. It will remain one of my favorite series from now on, and Rick Riordan has very quickly become one of my favorite authors. I have nothing bad to say. Do yourself a favor, and read this series. Brilliant. ( )
  banrions | Dec 7, 2021 |
I'm not crying, shut up, you're crying!

Sooo I'm not a big fan of Young Adult books. I tend to get annoyed and while for some series I can see why teenagers would like them (hell I would at that age, grumbl) I'm not that age anymore. But this series holds up very well... And I don't really know why? Because it's not like it's super duper special. But it feels like an hot bath and playing in the snow. Both comforting and fun.

Also it made me cry feel emotions. So there's that.

The narrator Jesse Bernstein did a very good job although he has a tendency to switch the voices. Like Nico had in the whole series three different kinds ways of speaking (that sentence isn't correct, I think). Which is a bit annoying but not that big of deal. I like his voice. It's soothing.

On to the next series!

Jonesy_now | Sep 24, 2021 |
I love Rick Riordan's writing style and the percy Jackson and the Olympians series is my faovrite of all his series. I love mythology and he does a great job of bring any and all mytholgy to life in a fresh and new way. I find the characters to be engaging and to feel really real. I love how he weaves the mythology into modern times so you feel like you are learning something as you are being entertained. ( )
  KateKat11 | Sep 24, 2021 |
The action, never leisurely in any of the five books in the series, runs at a frantic pace here — monsters pop out with a rapidity that becomes almost predictable, except that they are so enjoyably hair-raising, and that Riordan has such clever ways of dispatching them.

Riordan, Rickprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bernstein, JesseNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Haefs, GabrieleTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Mrs. Pabst, my eighth grade English teacher, who started me on my journey as a writer.
The end of the world started when a pegasus landed on the hood of my car.
"The world will fall, the gods will die, and I will never achieve a perfect score on this stupid machine." (Dionysus)
Das LT ist die fünfte (und letzte) Band in Rick Riordan Serie, Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Bitte nicht in Kombination mit einem anderen einzelnen Titel oder Sammlung von Titeln aus der Reihe. Danke.

All year the half-bloods have been preparing for battle against the Titans, knowing the odds of victory are grim. Kronos’s army is stronger than ever, and with every god and half-blood he recruits, the evil Titan’s power only grows.

While the Olympians struggle to contain the rampaging monster Typhon, Kronos begins his advance on New York City, where Mount Olympus stands virtually unguarded. Now it’s up to Percy Jackson and an army of young demigods to stop the Lord of Time.

In this momentous final book in the New York Times best-selling Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, the long-awaited prophecy surrounding Percy’s sixteenth birthday unfolds. And as the battle for Western civilization rages on the streets of Manhattan, Percy faces a terrifying suspicion that he may be fighting against his own fate.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,261,372 books! | Top bar: Always visible