HomeGroupsTalkExplore

The Last Olympian

by Rick Riordan

Series: Camp Half-Blood (5), Riordan's Demi-Gods (1.5), Percy Jackson and the Olympians (5)

16,030359295 (4.35)1 / 264
The long-awaited prophecy surrounding Percy Jackson's sixteenth birthday unfolds as he leads an army of young demigods to stop Kronos in his advance on New York City, while the Olympians struggle to contain the rampaging monster, Typhon.

Group TopicMessagesLast Message
 Hogwarts Express: The Last Olympian - spoilers!51 unread / 51lefty33, January 2010

I read the last four of this series in pretty rapid sucession of around three days. I mostly remember that they sort of blurred together. They weren't the most fantastic of children's literature, but I had a lot of fun trying to predict Olympian references and guest appearances before the books would tell you who it was. ( )
  wanderlustlover | Dec 27, 2022 |
I'm not a fan of children's books where a large percentage of the characters, good and bad, die in some all out climactic war just to offer some finality, but I know good writing when I see it. This was well done, even when it was difficult to take. It certainly didn't hold back any punches, and if someone managed to hang on through everything that has happened so far to this young band of heroes, this last volume won't disappoint. Just bring a box of kleenex and realize that not everyone is going to make it out alive. ( )
  matthewbloome | Dec 25, 2022 |
this series is my favorite comfort re-read (and wholly responsible for my greek mythology obsession) ( )
  carlycolonna | Nov 15, 2022 |
All year the half-bloods have been preparing for battle against the Titans, knowing the odds of victory are grim. Kronos's army is stronger than ever, and with every god and half-blood he recruits, the evil Titan's power only grows.

While the Olympians struggle to contain the rampaging monster Typhon, Kronos begins his advance on New York City, where Mount Olympus stands virtually unguarded. Now it's up to Percy Jackson and an army of young demigods to stop the Lord of Time.

In this momentous final book in the New York Times best-selling series, the long-awaited prophecy surrounding Percy's sixteenth birthday unfolds. And as the battle for Western civilization rages on the streets of Manhattan, Percy faces a terrifying suspicion that he may be fighting against his own fate. ( )
  rachelprice14 | Nov 14, 2022 |
Book 5 of 5 in the epic series- Percy Jackson and the Olympians! https://www.librarything.com/work/173670/reviews/227985709 ( )
  am08279 | Oct 24, 2022 |
The action, never leisurely in any of the five books in the series, runs at a frantic pace here — monsters pop out with a rapidity that becomes almost predictable, except that they are so enjoyably hair-raising, and that Riordan has such clever ways of dispatching them.

Riordan, Rickprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bernstein, JesseNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Haefs, GabrieleTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rocco, JohnCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Mrs. Pabst, my eighth grade English teacher, who started me on my journey as a writer.
The end of the world started when a pegasus landed on the hood of my car.
"The world will fall, the gods will die, and I will never achieve a perfect score on this stupid machine." (Dionysus)
Das LT ist die fünfte (und letzte) Band in Rick Riordan Serie, Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Bitte nicht in Kombination mit einem anderen einzelnen Titel oder Sammlung von Titeln aus der Reihe. Danke.

All year the half-bloods have been preparing for battle against the Titans, knowing the odds of victory are grim. Kronos’s army is stronger than ever, and with every god and half-blood he recruits, the evil Titan’s power only grows.

While the Olympians struggle to contain the rampaging monster Typhon, Kronos begins his advance on New York City, where Mount Olympus stands virtually unguarded. Now it’s up to Percy Jackson and an army of young demigods to stop the Lord of Time.

In this momentous final book in the New York Times best-selling Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, the long-awaited prophecy surrounding Percy’s sixteenth birthday unfolds. And as the battle for Western civilization rages on the streets of Manhattan, Percy faces a terrifying suspicion that he may be fighting against his own fate.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 182,949,727 books! | Top bar: Always visible