The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson & the…

The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson & the Olympians #5) (edition 2014)

by Rick Riordan

13,199342335 (4.34)1 / 257
The long-awaited prophecy surrounding Percy Jackson's sixteenth birthday unfolds as he leads an army of young demigods to stop Kronos in his advance on New York City, while the Olympians struggle to contain the rampaging monster, Typhon.
Member:timboroth
Title:The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson & the Olympians #5)
Authors:Rick Riordan
Info:New York, NY : Scholastic Inc., [2014], ℗♭2009.
Tags:personal library, fantasy, Percy Jackson

The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan

My favorite of the series ( )
  emrsalgado | Jul 23, 2021 |
I try to express only my most honest opinion in a spoiler-free way. If you feel anything in my review is a spoiler and is not already hidden in spoiler brackets please let me know. Thank you.

I just noticed how young the characters like Percy and Annabeth seem in the book. He's supposed to be turning 16 but still feels like a 13-year-old to me. Especially when it comes to the girls. He's completely oblivious. It's just not what I would expect from an almost 16-year-old.

I am surprised how loyal most of the demigods are in this book. Their parents barely notice them and sometimes won't even claim them, and yet a lot of them are still willing to fight for and defend them. It just blows my mind is all.

I enjoyed the book though, and the whole series. I'm years older now than I was the first time I read it, and I had forgotten most of it since then, so there are somethings like the above things, that just doesn't work for me anymore. However, it is still a great story, full of adventure and action, and it has lots of greek mythology which is something I love anyways. I plan to read more of Riordan's series that seem to cover even more mythology. I hope it will be as good.

How I choose my rating:
1* Hated it. I had to force myself to finish it.
2** Didn't like it. I didn't hate it but not sure why I finished it other than for some closure.
3*** I liked it. I had some issues with it, but as a whole it was good. I probably won't reread ever, but there is a chance I might finish the series. (If part of one) But if not it's not a huge loss.
4**** I really liked this book. Maybe not a work of genius, but highly entertaining. I might reread this, and I will finish the series. (If part of one) I would recommend to those I know hold interest in this book's content.
5***** I loved this book. I found little to no issues with it at all. I will be rereading this and probably more than once. I will finish the series and reread it multiple times. (If part of one) I will recommend this book to EVERYONE!!!!
  starslight86 | Jul 20, 2021 |
Percy, with help from Rachel Dare, Grover, Annabeth, Nico and many other half-bloods, save Olympus from Kronos and Typhon. Good conclusion to series. ( )
  skipstern | Jul 11, 2021 |
The final book of the series leads to the culminating battle to save Olympus from the Titans in the streets of Manhattan. The book builds well to get to that point with a natural ebb and flow in the narrative between fightin' and more contemplative stuff. Themes that have been building across all five books play out hre and Percy, Thalia, Grover, Annabeth, Tyson, Clarisse, and Nico all show great character development. I particularly like how Percy plays his reward from the gods. ( )
  Othemts | Jun 12, 2021 |
This series was cute. Don't need to read more of them. ( )
  KittyCunningham | Apr 26, 2021 |
The action, never leisurely in any of the five books in the series, runs at a frantic pace here — monsters pop out with a rapidity that becomes almost predictable, except that they are so enjoyably hair-raising, and that Riordan has such clever ways of dispatching them.

Riordan, Rickprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bernstein, JesseNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Haefs, GabrieleTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Mrs. Pabst, my eighth grade English teacher, who started me on my journey as a writer.
The end of the world started when a pegasus landed on the hood of my car.
"The world will fall, the gods will die, and I will never achieve a perfect score on this stupid machine." (Dionysus)
Das LT ist die fünfte (und letzte) Band in Rick Riordan Serie, Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Bitte nicht in Kombination mit einem anderen einzelnen Titel oder Sammlung von Titeln aus der Reihe. Danke.

All year the half-bloods have been preparing for battle against the Titans, knowing the odds of victory are grim. Kronos’s army is stronger than ever, and with every god and half-blood he recruits, the evil Titan’s power only grows.

While the Olympians struggle to contain the rampaging monster Typhon, Kronos begins his advance on New York City, where Mount Olympus stands virtually unguarded. Now it’s up to Percy Jackson and an army of young demigods to stop the Lord of Time.

In this momentous final book in the New York Times best-selling Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, the long-awaited prophecy surrounding Percy’s sixteenth birthday unfolds. And as the battle for Western civilization rages on the streets of Manhattan, Percy faces a terrifying suspicion that he may be fighting against his own fate.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,486,752 books! | Top bar: Always visible