The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the…

The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 5) (edition 2009)

by Rick Riordan (Author)

13,425347330 (4.35)1 / 257
The long-awaited prophecy surrounding Percy Jackson's sixteenth birthday unfolds as he leads an army of young demigods to stop Kronos in his advance on New York City, while the Olympians struggle to contain the rampaging monster, Typhon.
Member:mleynek
Title:The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 5)
Authors:Rick Riordan (Author)
Info:Disney Hyperion Books for Children (2009), Edition: Illustrated, 400 pages

The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan

Battle scene was nothing short of absolutley epic. ( )
  ReneGuenon | Sep 20, 2021 |
Stories based around prophecies are tough. Readers are pretty smart, so anything too simple and the mystery is ruined, but anything too obtuse and the ending seems cheap and contrived. It's a difficult thing to have a prophecy that in retrospect seems obvious yet isn't discovered along the way. I don't think Rick Riordan quite pulled it off, but it was close. The series ended very well and the aftermath was just long enough to settle everything that wanted settling.

In short, regarding the series as a whole, I'm really glad I took the time to read it. There's some really great characters, a lot of fun action, and plenty of silliness. It's a series that makes you want to go outside and have adventures while crying out battle cheers.

In fact...

PEANUT BUTTER! ( )
  jamestomasino | Sep 11, 2021 |
Review on my Wrap Up Vlog
https://youtu.be/OOcKZ5f0UWc ( )
  Completely_Melanie | Sep 10, 2021 |
A very fitting end to the first chapter in the saga of the Olympians. Riordan has done a great job of making each book a distinct adventure while keeping some important threads throughout the series. In, as one might expect, an epic battle, everything comes back together and the Great Prophecy plays out in some ways you might not expect.

No more than put this down and I started into the Heroes of Olympus series because I need to know what happens next! ( )
  crtsjffrsn | Aug 27, 2021 |
OBS: Volume 5
  BibliotecaImaculada | Aug 24, 2021 |
The action, never leisurely in any of the five books in the series, runs at a frantic pace here — monsters pop out with a rapidity that becomes almost predictable, except that they are so enjoyably hair-raising, and that Riordan has such clever ways of dispatching them.

Riordan, Rickprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bernstein, JesseNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Haefs, GabrieleTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Mrs. Pabst, my eighth grade English teacher, who started me on my journey as a writer.
The end of the world started when a pegasus landed on the hood of my car.
"The world will fall, the gods will die, and I will never achieve a perfect score on this stupid machine." (Dionysus)
Das LT ist die fünfte (und letzte) Band in Rick Riordan Serie, Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Bitte nicht in Kombination mit einem anderen einzelnen Titel oder Sammlung von Titeln aus der Reihe. Danke.

All year the half-bloods have been preparing for battle against the Titans, knowing the odds of victory are grim. Kronos’s army is stronger than ever, and with every god and half-blood he recruits, the evil Titan’s power only grows.

While the Olympians struggle to contain the rampaging monster Typhon, Kronos begins his advance on New York City, where Mount Olympus stands virtually unguarded. Now it’s up to Percy Jackson and an army of young demigods to stop the Lord of Time.

In this momentous final book in the New York Times best-selling Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, the long-awaited prophecy surrounding Percy’s sixteenth birthday unfolds. And as the battle for Western civilization rages on the streets of Manhattan, Percy faces a terrifying suspicion that he may be fighting against his own fate.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,292,349 books! | Top bar: Always visible