Promise Me (Myron Bolitar Book 8) by Harlan…

Promise Me (Myron Bolitar Book 8) (original 2006; edition 2007)

by Harlan Coben (Author)

Series: Myron Bolitar (8)

Entertainment agent Myron Bolitar, determined to keep his friends' children safe in their last pressure-cooker months of high school, makes two neighborhood girls promise that if they are ever in a bind and afraid to call their parents, they will call him. A few nights later, one of the girls does call, and he takes her to where she says her friend lives. When the girl is reported missing the next day, and her parents learn that Myron was the last person to see her, he must race to find her before she is gone forever.… (more)
Member:allisonhooker
Title:Promise Me (Myron Bolitar Book 8)
Authors:Harlan Coben (Author)
Info:Dutton (2007), 396 pages
Collections:Your library, Favorites

Work Information

Promise Me by Harlan Coben (2006)

Atlantis Found by Clive Cussler (Bjoernelv)
    Bjoernelv: Humorous actionthrillers, both the Myron Bolitar-series and the Dirk Pitt-series are extremely exciting and fun readings! :-)
    Killing Floor by Lee Child (fleagirl)
    fleagirl: Big tough-guy with heart of tarnished gold, has knack for getting himself into trouble while getting others out.

English (58)  Spanish (5)  Dutch (4)  French (2)  German (1)  Catalan (1)  All languages (71)
2.5 ( )
  jeraccoon | Oct 29, 2022 |
The narrator on this changed from Jonathan Marosz to Harlan Coben, so I had to get used to the change. May be better to take a break before reading this one, if you think this might be an issue. So far, I think I like Jonathan Marosz better, but it may just be that I'm used to him.

The story itself was very involved with lots of things happening to keep us on our toes. There were surprises all along the way, with Myron usually on top of the curve of what was happening. All the regulars were here, even his old girlfriend, and of course, the humor kept it from getting too dark.

A surprisingly good series that I would recommend to any of my friends. But start from the beginning - it's worth it. ( )
  MartyFried | Oct 9, 2022 |
This was not one of my most favorite books but it is worth reading.There are many twists and turns.This book is another Myron Bolitar series with Win .They both get in plenty of trouble as usual. It begins with 2 pregnant and missing young girls.I would never of guessed the ending.Myron is trying to find out the connection between the 2 girls and bring them back home.I do not want to give to give away any more of the story.But I did enjoy it. ( )
  LizME | Sep 30, 2021 |
Another great Myron Bolitar book - expertly plotted! ( )
  Henrik_Warne | Dec 13, 2020 |
I have long been a fan of Coben's stand alone mysteries but not so much his Myron Bolitar books but I really enjoyed this one. The sports/entertainment agent overhears his girlfriend's teenage daughter and her friend talking about a friend who 'was so wasted' and Myron flashed to his teenaged years and his friend who was killed when riding with her 'wasted' boyfriend. Myron told both of these girls that if they ever got into any situation where they needed help - no matter when, no matter where - they only had to call him and he'd come get them - no questions asked. And so starts the tale. It's well told with excellent characters. ( )
  susandennis | Jun 5, 2020 |

Coben, Harlanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Busk, SisselTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Callegari, AlessandraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Charlotte, Ben, Will and Eve. You're a handful, but you will always be my world.
The missing girl-there had been unceasing news reports, always flashing to that achingly ordinary school portrait of the vanished teen, you know the one, with the rainbow-swirl background, the girl's hair too straight, her smile too self-conscious, then a quick cut to the worried parents on the front lawn, microphones surrounding them, Mom silently tearful, Dad reading a statement with a quivering lip-that girl, that missing girl, had just walked past Edna Skylar.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,034,690 books! | Top bar: Always visible