Little Zizi by Thierry Lenain

Little Zizi

by Thierry Lenain

A book about coming of age (puberty) and relationships that kids have with one another (girl or boy). I agree that the book would not do well here in the USA, because we don't feel that these conversations should happen anymore. The book is accurate for me because kids don't ask questions anymore. They have been conditioned not to ask, therefore they learn from their peers. And that information is inaccurate.
The book is something to use for parents, but you would have to know the kids in class very well and parents even better. The book could be used in class but need to use it as a springboard to others.
As a parent: we should be reading this at early age so in the near future kids don't have problems. ( )
  Adrian.Gaytan | Mar 9, 2015 |
I would not use this book in my classroom. It is borderline inappropriate for students of any age, and I feel could make teasing and bullying worse. If parents came to me with a problem their child was having with development and puberty, I may recommend this book in a very specific case. I would not however use this as any means of a took in my class..... ( )
  JodiEasley | Nov 28, 2012 |
This book may be more appropriate for boys going through puberty or asking questions about themselves somewhere along those lines, because as it turns out a zizi is an innuendo for a penis. This is a story is about Martin who is worried that he will never get the love of a girl because of the size of his zizi. Eventually he does get the love of the girl. This book is only appropriate when it is a parent to child conversation. I do not recommend it for a classroom.
  leighfer23 | Nov 24, 2012 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,643,851 books! | Top bar: Always visible