The Chronicles of Conan, Vol.8: Brothers of the Blade and Other Stories

by Roy Thomas, John Buscema

Series: The Chronicles of Conan (Volume 8), Conan the Barbarian; Marvel Comic Book; 1970-1993 (The Chronicles of Conan 8 [52-59])

The latest collection of previously unavailable Conan adventures! The unstoppable Conan returns in another pile-driving selection of stories. These classic tales are newly available after more than a quarter of a century.

I very good rendition of the Robert Howard stories of Conan, with quite a bit of interpretation to fill in the gaps. I especially liked the afterward where the writer discusses his processes, and how he went about writing each book.

I am adding this portion after a re-read (which also comes on reading many of the previous volumes in a fairly short period of time). I found these stories to be decent, but I slowed down reading them in the middle. The last few are the best, as they are preludes to, or part of the classic Queen of the Black Coast short story, by Robert E. Howard, which I have read a few times a well.

I find that the companions Conan acquires in the earlier stories don't quite sit well with me. They don't ruin the story, but I also feel they detracted a bit - Roy Thomas admits a bit a much, when he says that he was treading water with these stories. ( )
  quinton.baran | Mar 29, 2021 |

Roy Thomasprimary authorall editionscalculated
Buscema, Johnmain authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,358,548 books! | Top bar: Always visible