The Icky Bug Counting Book (Jerry Pallotta's…

The Icky Bug Counting Book (Jerry Pallotta's Counting Books) (edition 1991)

by Jerry Pallotta (Author)

Introduces the characteristics and activities of insects and other crawly creatures.
Member:AppleseedAcademy
Title:The Icky Bug Counting Book (Jerry Pallotta's Counting Books)
Authors:Jerry Pallotta (Author)
Info:Charlesbridge (1991), Edition: Illustrated, 32 pages

Work Information

The Icky Bug Counting Book by Jerry Pallotta

Practice counting to 26 using popular insects.
1 book
  TUCC | May 30, 2018 |
The first page made me cheer - it starts at zero! I have mixed feelings about the rest of the book. Some good science, some not so good. For example, it's good to introduce the word 'exoskeleton' to preschoolers, and to teach them that some 'bugs' are actually crustaceans. But to say Kissing Bugs are not very nice" is to be anthropomorphic, which is a perspective that interferes with youngsters' ability to understand real science.

I do love the ending. There are 26 entries - can you guess why? Maybe your big sister can...." ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
The Icky Bug Counting Book counts all the way up to 26. Each page has counts a different insect and gives facts about that insect. This book is combining math and science. Not only is the reader having to count the insects, but they are also learning about their scientific features. This book would be very useful in a classroom studying insects. It allows the reader to learn more about these insects in a fun and exciting way. Each student could choose an insect from this book and find another fact about that insect that wasn't mentioned in the book. ( )
  EmilyDrennan | Apr 26, 2015 |
I loved this book. Each page was a number and that number of bugs. The bugs were different, i.e. not bumblebee, butterfly. Also, the information that went along with the bug and the number were great. They were interesting and informative. I was intrigued by reading it, so I know that children will too. Overall, a great read. ( )
  rpazmino-calligan | Nov 26, 2014 |
I really liked this book because it not only shared information about various insects, but it also is a great tool for teaching counting. The book also is set up in a way where the information that is being displayed is not overwhelming for the reader. They organized the information in a very simple, and cute way for kids to read. I also really enjoyed the illustrations on the pages and found them to help children when counting out the bugs. ( )
  kcrous3 | Oct 1, 2014 |

Charlesbridge

4 editions of this book were published by Charlesbridge.

Editions: 0881064963, 088106419X, 0881064971, 1570916241

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,167,077 books! | Top bar: Always visible