The Indigo Children: The New Kids Have…

The Indigo Children: The New Kids Have Arrived (original 1999; edition 1999)

by Lee Carroll, Jan Tober

What is an Indigo Child? The Indigo Child is a child who displays a new and unusual set of psychological attributes that reveal a pattern of behavior generally undocumented before. This pattern has common yet unique factors that demand that parents and teachers change their treatment and upbringing of them in order to achieve balance. To ignore these new patterns is to potentially create great frustration in the minds of these precious new lives. Can we really be seeing human evolution in the kids today? Are they smarter? Why do so many of our children today seem to be "system busters"? Why are they committing suicide and killing each other? Why are so many of our best children being diagnosed with Atttention Deficit Disorder (ADD)? Are all of them really ADD kids. . . in need of being drugged, or is there more to this story? Join international authors and lecturers Lee Carroll and Jan Tober as they bring together some very fine minds to discuss and expose this exciting premise. Many alternate methods of treating ADD are presented, and you won't believe some of the spiritual aspects of this study! These children are very different, and represent a great percentage of all the children being born today... worldwide. They come in "knowing" who they are, and must be recognized and celebrated with the correct guidance. This book is a must for parents!… (more)
Member:Fayanora
Title:The Indigo Children: The New Kids Have Arrived
Authors:Lee Carroll
Other authors:Jan Tober
Info:Hay House (1999), Edition: 1, Paperback, 249 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:indigo children, children, the new children, religion, spirituality, thought-provoking, thoughtful

Indigo Children by Lee Carroll (1999)

I had a difficult time getting through this book.

I would like to rate it higher than I did, but I can't do that due to the slow start that this book offered. The last 100, 150 pages or so were good and engaging, but up to that point it was hard for me to read. The basic premise and lack of scientific credibility within the text made it a huge turn off to me.

Previous reviewers have stated that the book is primarily crap due to the fact that the traits "Indigo Children" exhibit are the traits exhibited by all children - not just those who are Indigo or suffering AD(H)D. I agree with that point, and furthermore, figure the statistic that now 90% of all children born are Indigo is a rather lame attempt to cover up such an obvious flaw in the argument.

As the book went on I found myself able to relate to a lot of what the Indigo kids (16 ) were describing as their own life experiences. I enjoyed the book due to my ability to relate to certain experiences and the overall soundness in the arguments presented for parenting and education reform. A certain amount of the techniques advocated I did not find very wise, or just thought were sycophantic. (i.e. not using the words "no" or "don't", etc.) An influx of positivity in the way that the book described just felt forced to me. All the same, the basic ideas presented were good and I found it for the most part an entertaining read if nothing else. Just stay away from the crazies. ( )
  Lepophagus | Jun 14, 2018 |
Indigo children are a new kind of children who have been coming into the world in recent years. They are termed Indigos because their auras have been found to be indigo in colour.

I’ve been somewhat disappointed by this book due to the fact that Lee Carroll did not seem to want to let us know about his role as channeller of Kryon, as though this was too “weird”. Also, the role and function of Doreen Virtue, a main contributor to the book, as an angel expert I felt was extremely underplayed, as though this too was weird. Also, there were so many different contributors to the book that I was somewhat confused as regards who was the author of whatever section I was reading.

However, all in all I found it to be a useful book providing much valuable information about Indigos.

I most appreciated the listing of the most common traits of Indigo children:
1) They come into the world with a feeling of royalty.
2) They have a feeling of deserving to be here.
3) Self-worth is not an issue. They often tell the parents who they are.
4) They have difficulties with absolute authority (without explanation or choice).
5) They simply will not do certain things, for example stand in a queue.
6) They get frustrated with systems that are ritual-oriented and don’t require creative thought.
7) They often see better ways of doing things and thus seem like “system-busters”.
8) They seem anti-social unless they are with their own kind. School is often extremely difficult for them socially.
9) They will not respond to “guilt” discipline” such as “Just wait until your father comes home!”
10) They are not shy in letting you know what they need.

Many of these children have been diagnosed with ADHD and ADD, since they have excessive amounts of energy, bore easily, have a short attention span and cannot sit still unless absorbed in something of their own interest. Many will be labelled as hyperactive trouble-makers who won’t listen.

“Indigos came to serve the planet, their parents, and their friends as emissaries from Heaven – bearers of wisdom, if listened to.”

They appear to stay happy, are very spiritual, and have their own agenda.

They demand much attention and can’t figure out why others operate in anything other than love.

The advice given is to treat Indigos with respect, help them create their own disciplinary solutions and give them choices about everything. “ … if you give them authoritative, dictatorial orders without good, solid reasons, these kids will take you apart:”

Indigos are open and honest – this is their greatest strength.

There are sections written by various persons who themselves are parents of Indigo children and have thus special insight into them.

We are advised not to medicate these children with Ritalin since it is obviously harmful, in that it causes biochemical imbalances.

Instead, we could give the children a dietary supplement called Smart Start, which contains chelated minerals, antioxidant vitamins and “botanicals” (whatever these are, presumably something derived from plants). Many parents have found that this supplement helps tremendously. Other useful supplements are also recommended, particularly blue-green algae from Klamath Lake (before reading this book I had actually just ordered this supplement for myself to help me with detoxing).

To sum up, I found this to be an important book in the understanding of these Indigo children, particularly since I have a grandchild who seems to be one. It provides helpful information and advice on how best to tackle them, and I would recommend it both to those with children with ADHD or ADD symptoms, or those who suspect their kids to be Indigos. (However, it is pointed out that all Indigos do not have ADHD or ADD, and all those with these symptoms are not Indigos.) ( )
  IonaS | Nov 6, 2014 |
This hastily put together book by the team of Carroll and Tober claims that 95% of the children born in the last 10 years (i.e. the 1990s) display an indigo "aura" or energy pattern that can be read by psychics. Being further evolved than the rest of humanity, children displaying indigo astral hue typically evince odd or extreme behaviors. Many have been misdiagnosed as ADD or ADHD. Although the authors appear to be sincere in their claims, their assertion that Indigo Children are inclined to homicide discourages tolerant examination of their thesis. Shoddy, extreme and unhelpful for parents trying to understand why their children act the way they do in today's world. ( )
  aarhusian | Dec 25, 2006 |

Lee Carrollprimary authorall editionscalculated
Tober, Janmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Your children are not your children.
they are the sons and daughters of life's longing for itself.
They come through you but not from you.
And though they are with you, yet they belong not to you.
You may give them love , but not your thoughts.
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls.
For their souls dwelt in the house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you.
You are the bows from which your children as living arrow are sent forth.
Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness.

-Kahill Gibran, The Prophet
"These kids can be very bright, very charming - and impossible to live with. they think of things that are fun and creative at the rate of about 10 per second. While you are trying to put out the fire they set toasting marshmallows on the stove, they are in the bathtub trying to see if the goldfish will survive in hot water."
= Natasha Kern, mom, quoted by Nancy Gibbs in Time magazine
For Jean Flores, United Nations worker
who made her transition during the writing of this book.
She is now our angel on the other side., still helping the children of the world.
As you begin to read this, you might be thinking, What now, another "doom and gloom" book about how society is changing our kids?"

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,318,942 books! | Top bar: Always visible