Zach's Lie by Roland Smith

Zach's Lie

by Roland Smith

Series: Zach's Lie

603None16,226 (3.84)3
2009 (6) 6th (37) 6th grade (29) action (42) adventure (40) chapter book (6) crime (7) danger (15) drama (6) drugs (24) family (30) fiction (33) friendship (7) funny (6) identity (7) intense (12) lies (10) mystery (41) realistic fiction (89) robbery (19) sad (6) secrets (12) summer read (6) suspense (22) suspenseful (19) violence (22) violent (11) witness protection (16) YA (8) young adult (9)

This boook is VERY inetsting because in evey chapter and page is inersting and action pack ( )
  Mrs.UrbanitisClass | Jan 25, 2012 |
In my opinion Zach's lie was a very interesting book that I would highly recommed to anyone. The characters have deph that is revealed by peeling back layers throughout the book. The plot is well defined and the writing style make it easy to read and understand. The climax was slowly built to and the ending had a something for everyone in that it's part espionage, love story and mystery rolled into one.
I do however have some misgivings. Maybe it's me, that has bogged me down lately but it took me awhile for me to understand some of the main charactors and there role that they play in. Some times I wonder if the father will ever come in the story . I guess it will be better if you do but it would be more if the father has a story before they had to move. The story over all is good but I don't like the boy having a fake friend. ( )
  Mrs.UrbanitisClass | Jan 13, 2012 |
Summary- In this book, it has a bit of suspense when you want to know what will happen next. Jack is in 7th grade and everything's going good for him with his parents and his older sister. Until one night, something changed, it changed there world. Now they are put in the Witness Protection Program, they have to move and change everything. But why was the family going through this?

Review- I personally loved this book. When my class started reading it last year, I couldn't put it down, it was that good. I like the way the author gave a lot of details of the setting and the characters. The story has a great plot to begin with and a great ending, it's worded perfectly. Every chapter makes you think why. Why the story is going down hill then up again and repeated? Roland Smith in the book has a lot of thoughts in what could make the story better so the people would read it. This book is one my favorites to read, if I could, I'd read it again. ( )
  Mr.McCarthysClass | Jan 12, 2012 |
SUMMARY: Zach's Lie is about a kid who has a life with lies. Zach has to stay in hiding of the bad guys. Zach and his family have to change their identities every once in a while because they don't want the bad guys to find them. After a while the bad guys take Zach and his sister with him and won't give them back until they give them what they want. Zach's life practically is a lie because of his different identities. Zach always moves around the U.S. and goes trough a new life every time. Until Zach moves to Elko, Nevada, where he wants to live because of he meets this girl named Catalin which he practically falls in love with. He tells her about their secret and they spend the rest of the time together.

REVIEW: Zach's Lie is a great book. The book is really interesting and very knowledgeable. Jack's Run is as well of a book as Zach's Lie. I enjoyed reading this book as well as Jack's Run. I really love both books, they are amazing and interesting. :D ( )
  Mr.McCarthysClass | Jan 12, 2012 |
This book is about a young boy that has his life changed by some robbers that broke into Zach's house. After telling the police about the incident, Zach's whole familyhad to change their identity, but their father. Zach's father was arrested for drug trafficking. After having their disguise changed, they move to Elko, Nevada. Zach makes new friends such as Sam and Catalin. After being discovered again thy manage to escape now with their father with them to a new life.
This book was very fascinating to read because it had so much conflict and action with the involvement of the men who broke in. In addition I liked how the men knew everything about them and knew where they headed. For example, when the Osbornes stayed at the hotel, the men were waiting outside in a van. When they moved to Elko they were right there. The reason i liked this book is because it was like "CSI" where a lot of investigation is involved. ( )
  Mrs.GraysClass | Jan 9, 2012 |

Jack Osborne's life changes forever the night men in masks break into his house, threaten Jack and his family, and ransack their home. Jack then discovers the reason these men have come into their lives-his father has been arrested for drug trafficking. Jack, his mother, and his sister are then forced to enter Witness Security Program. Jack becomes "Zach" and moves to Elko, Nevada, a town in the middle of nowhere. There he meets Sam, the strangest school custodian he has ever encountered, and Catalin, a girl who might make Zach's uprooting worth the trouble. But just as Zach finally begins to piece together a new life, he finds himself in danger again-and this time his actions could determine the fates of everyone he cares about.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:43:49 -0400)

When Jack Osborne is befriended by his school's custodian and a Basque girl, he begins to adjust to his family's sudden move to Elko, Nevada, after entering the Witness Security Program, but the drug cartel against which his father will testify is determined to track them down.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,462,013 books! | Top bar: Always visible