Five Smooth Stones: Hope's Revolutionary War…

Five Smooth Stones: Hope's Revolutionary War Diary (My America)(Book One) (edition 2002)

by Kristiana Gregory (Author)

Series: My America (American Revolution: Hope's 1st Diary, 1776), My Story, Dear America Collections (My America: American Revolution / Hope's 1st Diary, 1776)

In her diary, a young girl writes about her life and the events surrounding the beginning of the American Revolution in Philadelphia in 1776.
Member:SharonnaNuest
Title:Five Smooth Stones: Hope's Revolutionary War Diary (My America)(Book One)
Authors:Kristiana Gregory (Author)
Info:Scholastic Inc. (2002), 112 pages

Work Information

Five Smooth Stones: Hope's Revolutionary War Diary (My America)(Book One) by Kristiana Gregory

lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
  lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
This entire series is a wonderful way to learn history or teach it to adolescents. I find today's generations seem to recall more when they learn through other people (pop songs, celebrity gossip, etc.), so what better way to teach history than through someone else's perspective? Yes, "authentic" diaries would be "better", but would the language really hold the modern student's attention? Did the diary writer know what WOULD be important in the context of history? Probably not. ( )
  benuathanasia | Sep 5, 2012 |
i kind of like the book except it is hard to keep track of everything. There is so much information on every page! that is why you have to write like everything down before you go on to the next page. Enjoy!!!!!! ( )
  pencillight | May 27, 2010 |

Belongs to Series

My America (American Revolution: Hope's 1st Diary, 1776)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,267,896 books! | Top bar: Always visible