Let me tell you a story : a lifetime in the…

Let me tell you a story : a lifetime in the game (edition 2004)

by Red Auerbach

2053105,113 (4.02)2
For years, John Feinstein has met regularly with Red Auerbach and his friends, drawing out Reds life story in a raucous series of unforgettable sessions. From those smoke--and laughter-filled rooms come these colorful reports about all the players and coaches Red has worked with and played against over the years.… (more)
Member:mikehadz
Title:Let me tell you a story : a lifetime in the game
Authors:Red Auerbach
Info:New York, NY: Little, Brown and Co., c2004. xix, 346 p. : ill. ; 25 cm. 1st ed

Work Information

Let Me Tell You a Story: A Lifetime in the Game by Red Auerbach

I found I couldn't put this one down - it haunted me in some weird way. Maybe I've always had a soft spot for the Celtics of the Russel era, even though I never saw any of them play in a live game. Auerbach has been a mythical figure in my mind for a long time. This book very much humanizes him. And it's an interesting thing that these friends (of Auerbach) of many years get together every week for lunch. Hope to be doing something similar when I'm 80 - and to have interesting life experiences to talk about. And the present and future, too. ( )
  tgraettinger | Jan 9, 2009 |
Loved the stories and the pictures they conjured of men sitting around the table with cigars, reliving the good 'ole days of the building of basketball in the US and the world. I would often picture the red arena seat in honor of Red that was his season ticket in "the smithy" at GW and smile. ( )
  annaj0013 | Apr 11, 2007 |
Nice read with several stories from days gone by. Any basketball historian would enjoy the perspective offered in the book. Red is a wonderful character, both in real life and as the legend described by Feinstein. ( )
  gobucks578201 | Mar 30, 2007 |

Red Auerbachprimary authorall editionscalculated
Feinstein, Johnmain authorall editionsconfirmed

Hachette Book Group

2 editions of this book were published by Hachette Book Group.

Editions: 1586217135, 0316010723

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,622,949 books! | Top bar: Always visible