Good Life, Good Death: Tibetan Wisdom on Reincarnation

by Rimpoche Nawang Gehlek

Who are we? Where did we come from? Where are we going? How do we get there? Many have asked these questions, and many have attempted to answer them. But there is another question Good Life, Good Death asks us to contemplate: how does the idea of life after death affect how we live our lives? Gelek Rimpoche tells stories of the mystical Tibet he lived in, as well as the contemporary America he is now a citizen of, and shares the wisdom of the great masters. He asks us to open our minds and see if we can entertain a bigger picture of life after life, even for a moment. He makes the connection between powerful emotions such as anger, obsession, jealousy and pride, and our past as well as our future.… (more)

PSZC | Mar 24, 2019 |
Written for a layperson, Good Life, Good Death the kind of book you would give to someone who is terminally ill. There are of unverifiable anecdotes. The book meanders a little bit, bouncing around a bunch of Buddhist concepts, but the author’s kindheartedness (perhaps bodichitta?) shows through and there are some nuggets of practical advice. ( )
  madcatnip72 | Oct 1, 2009 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,305,855 books! | Top bar: Always visible