Belgrave Square

by Anne Perry

Series: Charlotte & Thomas Pitt (12)

When a moneylender named William Weems is murdered, there is discreet rejoicing among those whose meager earnings he devoured. But the plot thickens when Inspector Pitt finds a list of London's distinguished gentlemen in Weems' office.

English (2)  German (1)  French (1)  All languages (4)
Because i listened to the audiobook, I lost track of what was going on with this book. It was a really long story told from the point of view of several of the characters. Story involves secret organizations, blackmail, political coverups and of course murder. I always enjoy the relationship of Thomas and Charlotte Pitt, their home with maid Gracie. Charlotte was very clever in the way she persuaded her sister Emily to make sure that James didn't join a secret organization and jeopardize his political career. ( )
  Kathy89 | Mar 22, 2011 |
I've read quite a few Anne Perry novels in both the Pitt and Monk series, and this one managed to surprise me regardless. A more sidelong and attenuated connection than usual between the worlds of Thomas's professional life and Charlotte's social meddling made this a challenging mystery indeed. More political than usual, the story of blackmail and secret societies takes place during an intriguing time in London's history -- when the failure to catch Jack the Ripper had called the continued exist...more I've read quite a few Anne Perry novels in both the Pitt and Monk series, and this one managed to surprise me regardless. A more sidelong and attenuated connection than usual between the worlds of Thomas's professional life and Charlotte's social meddling made this a challenging mystery indeed. More political than usual, the story of blackmail and secret societies takes place during an intriguing time in London's history -- when the failure to catch Jack the Ripper had called the continued existence of the police force into some question. ( )
  eilonwy_anne | Oct 26, 2008 |

Anne Perryprimary authorall editionscalculated
Botter Pierangeli RitaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Belongs to Publisher Series

To my friend, Cathy Ross
Pitt stood on the river steps, the water slurping from the wakes of the barges as they passed close in shore on their way up from the Pool of London.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 171,872,707 books! | Top bar: Always visible