Crescent Moon Vol. 1 by Haruko Iida

Crescent Moon Vol. 1 (edition 2004)

by Haruko Iida (Author)

"Mahiru Shiraishi has an uncanny ability to bring good luck to everyone she touches--except herself. She's constantly haunted by a recurring nightmare that ushers her to a dreamworld. There, she encounters a tribe of demons--a werewolf, vampire, fox and bat--called the Lunar Race. Destiny calls when they need her help to recover their source of power, the stolen "Teardrops of the Moon." In this fantasy adventure, Mahiru must battle the rage between the human race and the Lunar Race, whose powers are awakened by the dark side of the moon"--Cover, P. [4].… (more)
Member:IsaNeko
Title:Crescent Moon Vol. 1
Authors:Haruko Iida (Author)
Info:TokyoPop (2004), 184 pages
Collections:Mangas

Work Information

Crescent Moon Vol. 1 by Haruko Iida

Evocative story that explores alienation, dreams, reality, and friendship. ( )
  TheoClarke | Jun 28, 2008 |
Crescent Moon by Haruko Iida started here in 2004 and is an amusing fantasy/adventure with a bunch of characters with some major back stories. Mahiru Shiraishi is a young girl who, for some reason, brings good luck to anyone she touches (except herself). She has dreams and/or memories of a song about a promise to a demon which she doesn't understand. She ends up meeting a tribe of the Lunar Race consisting of a bat, a werewolf, a vampire, a tengu, and a fox. They need her to help them retrieve the "Teardrops of the Moon" to save their race. It's a cute story and I enjoy following the adventures and angst, however, not enough to keep buying it. I'm getting it through interlibrary loan. The guys aren't terribly hot (well, what do you expect?) and one I keep thinking is a girl. The only cute animal is a little bat which shows up later in the series. I got very confused at the beginning and had to read it several times to finally get the gist of it all, however, as I went along, things became clearer and now I can keep everyone straight. I like following the emerging story between Mahiru and the Tengu. ( )
1 vote kschlumpf | Mar 25, 2008 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,294,123 books! | Top bar: Always visible