D. Gray-Man (01) by Katsura Hoshino

D. Gray-Man (01) (edition 2006)

by Katsura Hoshino

Member:Mirichan
Title:D. Gray-Man (01)
Authors:Katsura Hoshino
Info:Glénat (2006), Broché, 193 pages
Collections:Your library, To read
Tags:Not read yet, French

D.Gray-man, Vol. 1 by Katsura Hoshino

At first I was reluctant to read this but after watching the anime I decided I would. I'm surprised at how detailed it is already and glad I read it. ( )
  RinHanase | Mar 11, 2017 |
  RinHanase | Mar 11, 2017 |
We're starting with aptly named Chapter 1: Opening.
The first scene is of a dilapidated church, bringing along its very own ghost story. Many complaints have been made; landing two Victorian constables investigating the cause. There they find Allen Walker, and a nest of Akuma(Japanese~Devil). In this mangas purposes Akuma take the form of balloons with attached weaponry. Allen is an Exorcist, for this series this is an all right idea; different but still structured like many others.
When things get rough with Officer Moore, Allen is there to take out the living weapons, whom was hiding in the once brother of Moore. Allen then hurriedly explains that Akuma are chained souls for the Earl. (It's a funny play on words that his initials are M.E.) The segment on the birth of an Akuma is really twisted.
Throughout volume 1 Allen is solo and we learn all about his past in a matter of a few chapters. Nicely done!
Cheers! ( )
  wickedshizuku | May 12, 2014 |
Fermo al 6.Un po' banale/noioso.
Un po' bellissimo e originale. ( )
  Malla-kun | Sep 22, 2012 |
Summary:
This graphic novel is about an exorcist who fights Akuma, which are weapons. Allen walker is an exorcist who tries to join the exorcists headquarters know as the black order. On his way there he meets a kid named John who searches for Akuma. John meets the maker of Akuma also know as the Millennium Earl who tries to kill John but is saved by Allen. Allen then gets to the black Order and becomes an exorcist.

Personal Reaction:
I didn’t really like this graphic novel. I think I am more into the biography graphic novels.

Classroom Extension:
1. I would just read a couple of pages from the graphic novel and have the kids draw their own pictures and see how they look compared to the actual drawings.
2. I think it would be cool to read the book and then have them make their own cover for the book and see how many different perspectives we get.
  KaseyGeorge | Apr 17, 2011 |

"Set in a fictional 19th century England, D.Gray-Man is the story of Allen Walker, a 15-year-old boy who roams the Earth in search of Innocence. Washed away to unknown parts of the world after The Great Flood, Innocence is the mysterious substance used to create weapons that obliterate demons known as akuma. A born exorcist, Walker's primary anti-akuma weapon is the cross that's embossed on his red and disfigured left hand, which contains Innocence, but not only does Walker destroy akuma, he sees the akuma hiding inside a person's soul!"--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,447,987 books! | Top bar: Always visible