Haunted by Meg Cabot

Haunted (2003)

by Meg Cabot

I wanted to like this series, I really did. ( )
  potterhead9.75 | Jan 5, 2014 |
I love this series, truly I do.
I loved this book as well, and I'm glad we got some Jesse hotness in it. What I didn't like was Paul, and Suze annoyed me a couple of times in the book. Stop mentioning that you felt something. You really shouldn't feel anything toward someone like Paul, especially when you have someone like Jesse around. And she acted stupid - going to his house and such. God. Well, all ended well, now she just needs to do something about the fact that, well...
Her Boyfriend is Dead, and no one but her can see him...
  Nitzan_Schwarz | Sep 25, 2013 |
cant wait to read book 6 ( )
  chymekeeper | Aug 21, 2013 |
Great book, I LOVED all of her books that I have read, but this series was a personal favorite! ( )
  Gigi55455 | Aug 7, 2013 |
This was actually the second book in the Mediator series that I picked up (don’t ask how I managed that one), so a lot of the plot from the previous three books were lost on me. In the Darkest Hour review, I mentioned that Paul is an undeveloped character, and it really shows in this book. Most of his motivation runs on “If I hit on Suze and harass her enough, she’ll fall for me!” Which is honestly, not a good addition to a love triangle—the whole point is that both men are desirable. All Paul has going for him is that he’s hot. And he has more information on mediators and what they do.

Speaking on that, one of the weakest points in this entry is the use of shifters and what they do. Paul dances around the subject while Suze jumps to her own conclusions about her powers. (I have my own thoughts, but will save them for fan theorizing.) There’s no real use of shifting until the climax, and more questions are brought up than answered. If this book had been combined with the final one, I think it would have been more effective—your mileage may vary with the omnibus edition on that. Plot wise, I did enjoy the book a lot, even if the main plot with Craig and his brother was ripped off from Ordinary People. There was a lot more side character development, especially with CeeCee and her realization of Suze’s relationship with Jesse.
  princess-starr | Mar 31, 2013 |
My name is Sussanah Simon and I am a mediator, a liaison between the living and the dead.
Also known as "Haunted"

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0060751649, Mass Market Paperback)

Suze is used to trouble, but this time she's in deep: Ghostly Jesse has her heart, but Paul Slater, a real flesh—and—blood guy, is warm for her form. And mediator Paul knows how to send Jesse to the Great Beyond. For good.

Paul claims he won't do anything to Jesse as long as Suze will go out with him. Fearing she'll lose Jesse forever, Suze agrees. But even if Suze can get Jesse to admit his true feelings for her, what kind of future can she have with a guy who's already dead?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:31:16 -0400)

Sixteen-year-old Susannah Simon is a mediator, one who communicates with the dead, and she also happens to be in love with Jesse, a nineteenth-century ghost.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,727,010 books! | Top bar: Always visible