Haunted

by Meg Cabot

Series: The Mediator (5)

Sixteen-year-old Susannah Simon is a mediator, one who communicates with the dead, and she also happens to be in love with Jesse, a nineteenth-century ghost.

A great book by Meg Cabot once again. She's always been one of my favorite authors and she does not disappoint.
When it comes to the mediator series, it's one of my favorite series by her and this fifth book just thickens the plot and makes sure that us readers will stay hooked for forever.
I've always liked Suze's character and Jesse is a special case altogether. Their relationship is interesting and I like the kind of forbidden aspect of it.
Also, even though this series is meant for kids, I do love it a lot and I'm 23. In my opinion this series is full of humour and teenage girl problems and it is hilarious but also quite exciting and a bit scary at times. This book is the perfect way to relax after a long day at work or at school or whatever.
I loved it and I cannot wait to read on and see what happens to Jesse and Suze and even Paul. ( )
1 vote AllAndAnyBooks | Sep 17, 2020 |
I'm all over these books like

and I'm not even ashamed. ( )
  lhofer | Sep 26, 2018 |
Paul is the new boy in town and just like before he wants Suze. Not just to date, though, he wants her to be more than a mediator. He wants her to be what he calls "a shifter" and use her ghostly powers not to help people on their way but to rip them off just like he does. Naturally she doesn't trust him after he left her and Jesse in "the hallway" to die.

Jesse does not like Paul. Jesse has good reason to not like Paul. Jesse and Paul have many fights in public leading to lots of confusion about what's going on and to CeeCee figuring out some things about Jesse she otherwise wouldn't have known. The book ends with a kiss and otherwise it was completely unsatisfying. Cabot's into an arc with Paul and it's one I didn't find particularly interesting. ( )
  tldegray | Sep 21, 2018 |
All my continued love and adoration for this book series. While I agree with some of the other reviews that this installment wasn't as engaging as the other books, I still enjoyed reading it tremendously. ( )
  spellbindingstories | May 24, 2018 |
Is it possible to be haunted by someone who isn't even dead?

Suze is used to trouble, but this time she's in deep: Ghostly Jesse has her heart, but Paul Slater, a real flesh-and-blood guy, is warm for her form. And mediator Paul knows how to send Jesse to the Great Beyond. For good.

Paul claims he won't do anything to Jesse as long as Suze will go out with him. Fearing she'll lose Jesse forever, Suze agrees. But even if Suze can get Jesse to admit his true feelings for her, what kind of future can she have with a guy who's already dead?
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
My name is Sussanah Simon and I am a mediator, a liaison between the living and the dead.
Fog. That's all I can see.
Also known as "Haunted"

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 174,218,658 books! | Top bar: Always visible