Dragons of the Fallen Sun: 1 (War of Souls…

Dragons of the Fallen Sun: 1 (War of Souls Trilogy S.) (edition 2001)

by Margaret Weis (Author)

Forty years after the destructive Chaos War, dragons have divided the continent among them, but a magical storm will begin to shake up the existing order.
Member:Captainarya
Title:Dragons of the Fallen Sun: 1 (War of Souls Trilogy S.)
Authors:Margaret Weis (Author)
Info:Wizards of the Coast (2001), Edition: 1st Pbk. Ed, 624 pages

Work Information

Dragons of a Fallen Sun by Margaret Weis

English (7)  Dutch (1)  All languages (8)
The future of Krynn! For fans of the original Dragonlance books and the world of Krynn, this book will be of interest to you. Far in the future, the war with the dragons continues. Krynn is much changed since the days of the Heroes of the Lance, but new heroes arise. Strangely enough, the gods have deserted Krynn and left a world that is not in balance.
These books are much longer than the original trilogy and cover a lot of territory. The authors clearly wanted to go in a different direction and for the most part, they succeeded. ( )
  Karlstar | Jun 10, 2018 |
The first of the Dragonlance series that I read (unfortunately, because I knew so much when I went back to Chronicles). What a journey that started - thanks to this book I headed off into the world of fantasy novels.

Book 11, if I am counting correctly, in the main Dragonlance saga. Here, the world has been shattered by a second cataclysm and a new age has begun. Yet another round of new characters, mixed in with a delightful array of old, enter upon the scene, as does a new world order with new magic and new gods. I think this trilogy shows a marked increase in complexity and maturity in the storytelling - no longer is the tale a simple 2 or 3 pronged adventure rooted in AD&D. The distinctions between good and evil blur ever farther, champions battle champions and undeserving heroes spring into power.

I was left craving more, and luckily was able to dive into the thousands of pages if this fantastic world. ( )
  jmilloy | Nov 8, 2017 |
This trilogy definitely harkens back to the vintage 'Legends' trilogy, of which I commented fairly extensively in my thread from last year. In fact, the astute reader will notice that there are some things that are not right, which are easily explained with some fancy Star Trek-like time stream alterations, much like the aforementioned Legends books. There is quite a lot of dread and foreboding as the evil Knights of Neraka and the dragon overlords assert their dominance of the land, but, like most fantasy novels, good and happiness triumph in the end. The fun part is finding out (or even figuring out) how. ( )
  DirtPriest | Sep 10, 2010 |
Fallen Sun is a long book and after the initial opening event it takes a while to get going. The action is spread across Krynn, involving the forces of good and evil, with all races being followed. It's this depth that makes Fallen Sun a little hard going at times. It seems 'The War of Souls' is set in an alternate reality to the previous Dragons series, with all the characters flawed, cursed or downtrodden in some way - there is little warmth and joy in this volume. So, enter this trilogy with the knowledge that Weis & Hickman have turned the previous series on its head - it's no 'rinse and repeat' approach to the Dragonlance series. ( )
  SonicQuack | Jul 29, 2009 |
well written... I dare you to read just one line...
  scifichrome | Apr 17, 2009 |

Weis, Margaretprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hickman, Tracymain authorall editionsconfirmed
Kauth, DennisCartographysecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Stawicki, MattCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Dedicated gratefully to Peter Adkison, who made the magic happen for Dragonlance again.
The day has passed beyond our power. The petals close upon the flower.
Mina's Song
The dwarves named the valley Gamashinoch—the Song of Death.
Book 1
The German version of Dragons of a Fallen Sun is in two volumes: Drachensturm and Die Drachenkönigin. Please do not combine these.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,104,050 books! | Top bar: Always visible