The Walking Dead Volume 3: Safety Behind…

The Walking Dead Volume 3: Safety Behind Bars (edition 2005)

by Robert Kirkman

Member:stevepugh
Title:The Walking Dead Volume 3: Safety Behind Bars
Authors:Robert Kirkman
Info:Image Comics (2005), Edition: illustrated edition, Paperback, 136 pages
Collections:Your library, Read but unowned
Rating:***1/2
Tags:!borrowed, fiction, graphic novel, horror

The Walking Dead, Volume 3: Safety Behind Bars by Robert Kirkman

English (26)  French (2)  Danish (1)  All languages (29)
In this edition, our survivors finally find shelter, food and safety within the walls of a prison. But as the otside threat abates, inside tensions grow to a boiling point. We lose some people in gruesome ways and this time it is not the zombies. What did we become? Who can we trust?
I am at the edge of my seat as I eat these up in succession. (ok kinda gross analogy...) ( )
  Gezemice | Oct 29, 2018 |
Rick visits a prison and pisses off its squatters. ( )
  morbusiff | Sep 20, 2018 |
Good story, as always, but the most disturbing volume yet. Probably because it involves mostly scary human interactions instead of zombies.
  aratiel | Sep 5, 2018 |
The pacing/momentum is incredible in this volume, and it's always interesting when humans are the bigger danger in a zombie apocalypse than the zombies themselves. The story, I think, is really picking up, but the characters are still lacking in development, which for a character-driven narrative is rather problematic. The female characters are especially terribly written and hardly pass the Bechdel test. ( )
  StefanieBrookTrout | Feb 4, 2017 |
Omg, things are just getting so fucked up!

I am trying to not compare this to the HBO show but I just can't help it... I miss Darryl. There is no Darryl in these comics as of yet. BUT there is a lot of richness to the story as there are so many characters.

Sometimes i am wondering what these would look like in colour, but black and white is fine also. There are so many twists and turns in the plot, it is shocking me every five minutes. No-one is safe, I am not sure I have a favourite character yet... I do really like Tyrese and of course Rick.. Also Glenn. Not too fond of everyone else though, although Sophia is adorable.

I am officially binge reading these. ( )
  4everfanatical | Feb 5, 2016 |

Robert Kirkmanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Adlard, CharlieIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Rathburn, CliffIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Moore, TonyCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Please tell me that's the last time we're all going to have to pack into that thing.
This is not the same as The Walking Dead Book Three (collecting 25–36) or The Walking Dead Volume 3 Deluxe HC (collecting 49–72). Do not combine them.

"This volume follows our band of survivors as they set up a permanent camp inside a prison. Relationships change, characters die, and our team of survivors learn there's something far more deadly than zombies out there: each other."--Amazon.com.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,572,275 books! | Top bar: Always visible