How to Be an Explorer of the World: Portable Life Museum

by Keri Smith

"In this captivating guided journal, readers are encouraged to explore their world as both artists and scientists."--The publisher.

English (8)  Spanish (1)  All languages (9)
Great book to get the creative juices flowing. ( )
  auldhouse | Sep 30, 2021 |
A wonderful book of ideas to explore the new and the everyday. Aimed at a general audience, the ideas can easily be experienced by adults and children. A timely read particularly before a vacation or even a staycation. ( )
  PlanCultivateCreate | Oct 26, 2019 |

Delightful collection of exercises/explorations! Certainly not everyone's cup of tea, but lovely for anyone looking for inspiration or a new artistic perspective. ( )
  hopeevey | May 20, 2018 |
I enjoyed the ideas and the casual methods of incorporating these ideas into your life. ( )
  deldevries | Feb 7, 2016 |
Bought the book from the Ready Made magazine article, since it looked really interesting. Going to use the exercises (some as they are, some a bit more loosely fashioned) to help myself see and experience the world around me more fully, esp. appreciating the cityscape more. ( )
  sriemann | Mar 31, 2013 |
We shall not cease from exploration
And at the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for for the first time.

- T. S. Eliot, "The Four Quartets".
This book is dedicated to Tilden Smith Pitcher, who was born during the completion of this book. You have so many wonderful adventures ahead of you.
1. Read in any order. Use fieldwork section in the back of the book to record and document findings.

How to use this book.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,645,879 books! | Top bar: Always visible