The Kingdom of the Occult (2008)

by Walter Martin

Christian Nonfiction. Religion & Spirituality. Nonfiction. HTML:

The Kingdom of the Occult delivers the timely followup to Dr. Martin's best-selling The Kingdom of the Cults

This book takes Dr. Walter Martin's comprehensive knowledge and his dynamic teaching style and forges a strong weapon against the world of the Occult-a weapon of the same scope and power as his phenomenal thirty-five year bestseller, The Kingdom of the Cults (over 875,000 sold).

Chapters include: Witchcraft and Wicca, Satanism, Pagan Religions, Tools of the Occult, Demon Possession and Exorcism, Spiritual Warfare, etc.

Features include:

• Each chapter contains: Quick Facts; History; Case Studies; Theology; Resources
… (more)

There are so few books on the Christian apologetic shelf these days that are comprehensive in one subject; there is absolutely nothing wrong with an overall book that covers the major topics in the world of Christian apologetics (or any academic field of study); but there is merit to the concept of concentrating on one topic and giving it %110.

The late, Dr. Walter Martin has done the field of Christian apologetics a great justice with his comprehensive book Kingdom of the Occult. In this 'doorstop' of a book, Martin delves into every nook and cranny of the world of the occult to, in the end show that the land of the occult is much more familiar to modern Western secular society than we 'westerners' realize. This is not a easy book to work through, as it is hard hitting, but it is an easy read for the common reader. To conclude it is the "crème de la crème" of books on the subject; it is a must have for every Christians' physical and mental library. ( )
  wheely | Nov 17, 2012 |
I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe.

-Ephesians 1:18-19 NIV
To Darlene Martin, with love. Thank you for trusting me with something very dear--the legacy of Walter Martin. I never could have done it without you.

And to Carol Rische, a mother-in-law who gave me a mother's love and taught me how to be content. Absent from the body and at home with her Lord. We miss you, Mom.

"Her children rise up and call her blessed" (Prov. 31:28)

-Jill Martin Rische
To my wife, Cindy, who abounded in patience and love throughout this project.

And to the entire Martin family, whose love for God's truth is never ending. When Dr. Martin officiated our wedding in 1980, he blessed my wife and me with a blessing that continues today. A hearty thanks to the Martin family for inviting me into this project, and for their love, prayers, and support for our mission work among the cults and occult all of these years.

"And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men" (Col. 3:23).

-Kurt Van Gorden
Years ago, I remember my father pacing the foyer of our home, leafing through a notebook of references on the occult.

Christian Nonfiction. Religion & Spirituality. Nonfiction. HTML:

Features include:

Each chapter contains: Quick Facts; History; Case Studies; Theology; Resources .

Astrology. Channeling. ESP. Ghosts. Haunted houses. Reincarnation. Seances. Telepathy. Three out of four Americans believe in at least one of these! Schools are offering courses in the occult. Interest in Witchcraft is exploding. Even many Christians are reading their daily horoscopes religiously. And the world at large is fixated on the "paranormal." Why? Because we live in a society that is looking for answers.
The body of Christ has the answer for every occultist's needs: the gospel of Jesus Christ. But is the Church equipped to present it? That's what this book is about--equipping the Church to understand and identify with the occultist--and to lead every one to Christ.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 205,768,157 books! | Top bar: Always visible