Snake and Lizard by Joy Cowley

Snake and Lizard (2007)

by Joy Cowley

Brilliant, funny, thought provoking short stories based around friendship. Each story allows the reader to think about the friendship and values, morals as an integral part of the story. Absolutely brilliant ( )
  rata | Sep 27, 2012 |
This is a delightful collection of stories written by Joy Cowley and beautifully illustrated by Gavin Bishop. After meeting and quarrelling Snake and Lizard become good friends. They always seem to be embarking on unlikely and humorous adventures as well as arguing about the best way of doing things. The fact that they are opposite personalities is what makes it a great story of tolerance and understanding. Snake emanates a lady-like calm whereas Lizard is disorganised and full of mischievous adventure. The two discuss the future and learn important life lessons through their exploits and discussions. This is a lovely story of friendship and acceptance. ( )
  DebbieMcCauley | May 1, 2011 |
I brought a few books home that came in our last book order but had not been getting checked out. The last one I reviewed, I could see why but this one however I loved and will have no trouble talking it up. It's about two friends a snake and a lizard, they are very different but become best friends. Every short chapter is about them having to work out some problem. It's funny and cute and a bit silly. I think kids of 2/3 grade (maybe 1st too) will love it. In fact, I will recommend to teachers as a read-aloud, especially in classes where kids are having trouble working out their problems. It's a shame this book is not written as an easy reader chapter book--I really think that it would get many more readers. ( )
  CatheOlson | Feb 25, 2010 |
Very funny, but sometimes my grade 2 students had to think (visualize, infer) in order to "get it.". Episodic, with nice short chapters. ( )
1 vote LynnMK | Aug 30, 2009 |
Great story of friendship between two reptiles, think Frog and Toad. Vignettes/chapters are stand alone, and many will make you laugh. Illustrations are great - even the end papers will be a pleasure. ( )
  melodyreads | Apr 6, 2009 |

A collection of stories about the friendship between Snake and Lizard.

Kane Miller Books

An edition of this book was published by Kane Miller Books.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,027,520 books! | Top bar: Always visible