Pretty in Plaid: A Life, A Witch, and a…

Pretty in Plaid: A Life, A Witch, and a Wardrobe

by Jen Lancaster

Biography & Autobiography. Essays. Nonfiction. Humor (Nonfiction.) HTML:Before she was bitter, before she was lazy, Jen Lancaster was a badge—hungry Junior Girl Scout with a knack for extortion, an aspiring sorority girl who didn't know her Coach from her Louis Vuitton, and a budding executive who found herself bewildered by her first encounter with a fax machine. In this hilarious and touching memoir, Jen Lancaster looks back on her life—and wardrobe—and reveals a young woman not so different from the rest of us.
Prepare to take a long walk in her (drool-worthy) shoes in this hilarious and heartwarming trip down memory lane.
… (more)
Member:timjdarling2
Title:Pretty in Plaid: A Life, A Witch, and a Wardrobe
Authors:Jen Lancaster
Info:Publisher Unknown

Work Information

Pretty in Plaid: A Life, a Witch, and a Wardrobe, or, the Wonder Years Before the Condescending, Egomaniacal, Self-Centered Smart Ass Phase by Jen Lancaster

A cute memoir by a gal who must be exactly my age! Her references from the 70s and 80s are just priceless. I am definitely going to read some of her earlier works. Light and fun! ( )
  LizBurkhart | Sep 5, 2019 |
Not very familiar with Jen Lancaster, but I would absolutely read more by her. She's very funny, with a wicked and self-deprecating sense of humor (but somehow not vulgar, which I appreciate). ( )
  BraveNewBks | Mar 10, 2016 |
This is not my favorite Jen Lancaster book. Little vignettes throughout her life based on what she was wearing. While not as shallow as it sounds, and still very well written, I have enjoyed her other books more. ( )
  bookwormteri | Dec 30, 2013 |
Jen Lancaster is a witty, smart, funny writer whom I enjoy reading very much and find the plot of this book interesting. We all wish we could go back in time and change our past but unfortunately that isn't possible. In the book the popular girl whom at first you do not want to like has some really bad karma coming her way. Her company is in trouble,as well as her marriage, and people whom she was supposed to be friends with despise her. She is given a rare opportunity to change that and does, getting everything she ever wanted. Still things turn out wrong for her and she ends up doing something out of character at the end by doing something selfless. It is a good read and easy to read. I believe it only took me a few days to read. ( )
  donna.riffebarker | Oct 8, 2013 |
Several of these short stories made me laugh so hard i could not breathe...especially the one when the author goes to the hair salon. ( )
  trishpaw | Jun 26, 2013 |

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,365,992 books! | Top bar: Always visible