Long Lost (Myron Bolitar Book 9) by Harlan…

Long Lost (Myron Bolitar Book 9) (original 2009; edition 2009)

by Harlan Coben (Author)

Series: Myron Bolitar (9)

Myron Bolitar hasn't heard from Terese Collins since their torrid affair ended ten years ago, so her desperate phone call from Paris catches him completely off guard. Now a suspect in the murder of her ex-husband in Paris, Terese has nowhere else to turn for help. Myron heeds the call but then a startling piece of evidence turns the entire case upside down.… (more)
Member:sueprice56
Title:Long Lost (Myron Bolitar Book 9)
Authors:Harlan Coben (Author)
Info:Dutton (2009), Edition: 1, 418 pages

Work Information

Long Lost by Harlan Coben (2009)

English (64)  Dutch (2)  Swedish (2)  Spanish (2)  German (1)  French (1)  All languages (72)
I am a superfan of Harlan Coben. I have read a lot of his books and a particular fan of Myron and Win.
I usually find the banter fantastic, the jokes amazing and all in all the books a thrill.
Maybe I have read too many Harlan Coben.
This time I found the jokes were mostly only around MEE. The Win dialogues, the Myron comebacks were not particularly funny.
An OK book. For a person just trying out Harlan Coben,maybe this would be a good book
If you have read many of them, maybe this one can be skipped
One guarantee in a Harlan Coben is it is never a happy ending.
********SPOILER*********************************
Knowing that it was obvious that the blond girl would not turn out to be the long dead daughter of Terri.
************************************************ ( )
  deepatarak | Dec 28, 2021 |
Myron, the wise-cracking agent and former almost-basketball-great, is off to Paris at the behest of an erstwhile love. I must say this novel has something for everyone: Huntington's, terrorists, Paris, les flics, the CIA, MI6, a shootout, bisexuals, sports references, waterboarding, black sites, parents, abortion, hysterectomies, adoption, multiple girlfriends and I think there was an implausible plot in there somewhere. I have probably forgotten some others, but you get the idea.

What saves the book is the unusual characters. ( )
  ecw0647 | Oct 17, 2021 |
Like others, I am glad to read another Myron Bolitar book, along with his merry troupe. Very fast read, but I think Coben's flirtation with terrorism, homeland security, and Interpol are not as strong or twisted as his usual plots. Myron's love life is pretty twisted. ( )
  skipstern | Jul 11, 2021 |
My first Myron Bolitar book.... Very good read with a very believable overall plot... very scary indeed!!! Definitely will look into his previous novels to find out the backstory and the witty comments from Win. (the whole Mee skit was hilarious).

sjh4255 | May 4, 2021 |
This is the 9th book in the Myron Bolitar series. I started reading this series when there were only two books but it's been 12 years since I read number 8. Even after a long absence it was fun to spend some time with some familiar characters that I've enjoyed for a long time.

While there is a mystery involved this one is much more of a suspense thriller than it is a classic mystery. The action takes place in Paris, London and back in the US. Myron and his best friend the wonderfully inappropriate and wealthy Win help out a long lost love of Myron's, tangle with the French Police and several other international law enforcement agencies, unearth long buried secrets, run up against international terrorists, and beat up some really annoying kids basketball coaches.

Believable? Certainly not. Entertaining? You bet! ( )
  SuziQoregon | Dec 30, 2018 |
A significantly more credible effort [than other summer books, it] features the diabolic interplay of cord blood and Islamic jihad.
added by Shortride | editEsquire, Benjamin Alsup (Jun 11, 2009)

Belongs to Series

Belongs to Publisher Series

Hold on. This will hurt more than anything has before. --William Fitzsimmons, "I Don't Feel It Anymore"
For Sandra Whitaker The coolest "cuz" in the entire world
"You don't know her secret," Win said to me.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,255,421 books! | Top bar: Always visible