All the Colors of the Earth (Mulberry Books)…

All the Colors of the Earth (Mulberry Books) (original 1994; edition 1999)

by Sheila Hamanaka, Sheila Hamanaka (Illustrator)

Member:FCClibraryoshkosh
Title:All the Colors of the Earth (Mulberry Books)
Authors:Sheila Hamanaka
Other authors:Sheila Hamanaka (Illustrator)
Info:HarperCollins (1999), Paperback, 32 pages
Tags:Juvenile Cat 3

All the Colors of the Earth (Mulberry Books) by Sheila Hamanaka (1994)

This book does such a great job of talking about, and describing children from different cultures. You can really use this one for visualizing.
age3-7
  Lilith13 | Jun 9, 2018 |
This is a great book for visualization as the words used to describe colors are real life application words. For example using the words caramel, chocolate or honey to describe hair color. I would love to use this and have the children draw exactly what they hear and then explain what it could really mean.
  KyraE | Jun 2, 2018 |
This book can be read as a poem, song, story, and many more ways. I love the illustration how wonderfully displayed about the multicultural world.
I like the poetic expression about roaring brown, whispering gold, and many other ways to describe the colors in us. I loved the energy on this book, joyful and happy in all pages.

I would use this book with pre-k through 3rd grade with different types of approaches.
Age: 3-6
Source: Home Collections ( )
  Wilmot | May 18, 2018 |
I love this book so much. All the Colors of the Earth is a poetry book that is about all of the different skin colors and combinations of the world. It relates the different skin colors to objects, such as relating golden hair to golden wheat. This book does a great job of expressing the fact that all skin colors and combinations are beautiful. ( )
  ctw233 | Mar 26, 2018 |
Summary:
In this story it describes the diversity of all children in not just black and white but in roaring brown like a bear.
Personal Reaction:
I like this story in that it portrays the differences in colors between kids as natural and normal.
Classroom Extension Ideas:
1. Have the students write a poem about their skin color.
  BethanyTaylor21 | Oct 28, 2017 |

Sheila Hamanakaprimary authorall editionscalculated
Talietero, CrystalNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Suzy and Kiyo and all the other children of the earth.
Children come in all the colors of the earth--

Celebrate the colors of children and the colors of love--not black or white or yellow or red, but roaring brown, whispering gold, tinkling pink, and more.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:21 -0400)

Reveals in verse that despite outward differences children everywhere are essentially the same and all are lovable.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,983,543 books! | Top bar: Always visible